5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 or 2023

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions. My lease is coming up on a 2020 Rebel. I love this truck. Any thoughts on if my next one should be a 2022 or 2023? Are there any major upgrades in 2023 that i would be missing (I can't find any build info online for 2023) that I couldn't get in 2022? Would love to have a Rebel GT mainly because it's an upgrade from what I currently have - but would also consider nicely optioned Laramie or Limited. I got the truck during the height of covid so really the only thing on the lots were the BH and then I found a Rebel.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions. My lease is coming up on a 2020 Rebel. I love this truck. Any thoughts on if my next one should be a 2022 or 2023? Are there any major upgrades in 2023 that i would be missing (I can't find any build info online for 2023) that I couldn't get in 2022? Would love to have a Rebel GT mainly because it's an upgrade from what I currently have - but would also consider nicely optioned Laramie or Limited. I got the truck during the height of covid so really the only thing on the lots were the BH and then I found a Rebel.
The only change that has been found (or mentioned) is the new 12" digital instrument cluster. Based on the 2023 production trucks so far, all Rebels have the new cluster. But all Laramies still have the 7" digital cluster (presumably, just like the 2022 models).
That said, not a single truck has shipped yet with the 12" digital cluster. They're having problems with them, so those trucks are in a holding lot until the issue can be resolved.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only change that has been found (or mentioned) is the new 12" digital instrument cluster. Based on the 2023 production trucks so far, all Rebels have the new cluster. But all Laramies still have the 7" digital cluster (presumably, just like the 2022 models).
That said, not a single truck has shipped yet with the 12" digital cluster. They're having problems with them, so those trucks are in a holding lot until the issue can be resolved.
That's great info thank you. Electronic problems are not something I want in the back of my mind, even once they work out the issues. Definitely something to consider for my mindset.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I see you have the non-etorque hemi. If you want your next truck to be non-etorque it'll have to be a '22, as all '23 Hemi's will have etorque.

Another option would be to just buy out your lease and keep the Rebel you already have.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you have the non-etorque hemi. If you want your next truck to be non-etorque it'll have to be a '22, as all '23 Hemi's will have etorque.

Another option would be to just buy out your lease and keep the Rebel you already have.
I would definitely prefer the nonetorque...great callout. I have thought about buying it out but I am completely dissatisfied with the AC in this truck...it just doesn't get cold enough for me personally even after a TSB fix. I can't reconcile that in owning it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would definitely prefer the nonetorque...great callout. I have thought about buying it out but I am completely dissatisfied with the AC in this truck...it just doesn't get cold enough for me personally even after a TSB fix. I can't reconcile that in owning it.
If your sole reason for not buying out the Rebel is the AC performance, there is a hack to get around that issue which works quite well. Some people aren't comfortable with it, but I'd seriously consider it if that's all that was keeping me from spending $65k on a new truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For anyone else reading this, another "supposed" change for 2023 is that the EcoDiesels are being phased out. There are currently several of them being built, but they're supposed to be discontinued after December, I believe. I don't think you can order an EcoDiesel anymore.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Doubt you’ll find a 2022 Rebel GT on a lot anywhere this late. The GT don’t seem to last long on the lot’s from what I’ve seen. Better off ordering a 2023 exacly how you want.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Doubt you’ll find a 2022 Rebel GT on a lot anywhere this late. The GT don’t seem to last long on the lot’s from what I’ve seen. Better off ordering a 2023 exacly how you want.
And the Rebel GT seemed even more rare then the Laramie GTs at least around me.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Will the newer models have the straight 6 Hurricane engine as an option? Thanks

Kenny4

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
If you had any way to wait, then I would wait for 2024 since there will be major changes. If the digital cluster is anything like my wife's Jeep GCL, then it's really nothing special. Only cool thing about the GCL is the thermal camera, but I don't think Ram will get that.

2024 will be my first consideration for an upgrade, but I really want Ram to create a hybrid. Interested to see if that in the mix with "paradigm breaker" concept.

I was glad to get a non e-torque. Seems like a waste of 45 lbs of payload for me since I drive 25K miles a year mostly highway and interstate.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you had any way to wait, then I would wait for 2024 since there will be major changes. If the digital cluster is anything like my wife's Jeep GCL, then it's really nothing special. Only cool thing about the GCL is the thermal camera, but I don't think Ram will get that.

2024 will be my first consideration for an upgrade, but I really want Ram to create a hybrid. Interested to see if that in the mix with "paradigm breaker" concept.

I was glad to get a non e-torque. Seems like a waste of 45 lbs of payload for me since I drive 25K miles a year mostly highway and interstate.
Agreed - unfortunately 2024 really wouldn't be an option at this point. I went online to see what building a 2022 would be - the Limited 10th Anniversary forces the eTorque as well...not a fan of that force...but was a fan of that interior. Is it possible through a dealer to get non eTorque in that option package? Also do the 2022 models have wireless bluetooth and Android auto?

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Agreed - unfortunately 2024 really wouldn't be an option at this point. I went online to see what building a 2022 would be - the Limited 10th Anniversary forces the eTorque as well...not a fan of that force...but was a fan of that interior. Is it possible through a dealer to get non eTorque in that option package?
my2022 has finished for the most part

as far as i know e-torque is the only engine available for my2023 unless you get a trx or a heavy duty

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Agreed - unfortunately 2024 really wouldn't be an option at this point. I went online to see what building a 2022 would be - the Limited 10th Anniversary forces the eTorque as well...not a fan of that force...but was a fan of that interior. Is it possible through a dealer to get non eTorque in that option package? Also do the 2022 models have wireless bluetooth and Android auto?
The 10th anniversary package was only available on 2022 models, and since you can't order any more 2022's you won't be able to order a truck with that interior. You might be able to locate one already built on a lot somewhere, but your chances dwindling daily. And it will have etorque if it has a Hemi.

Users who are viewing this thread