5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 - Help Me Decide on Exterior/Interior Color Please

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I have Indigo/Frost in my 20, I kinda like the Indigo/Sea Salt a little better or did when it looked a little more grey. These pics dont look much different than the Indigo/Frost color. I do agree on the seat inserts, I saw that in the press release and thought they looked like cloth but hoped they were suede but reading your post and them being cloth, IDK about that
These colors don't represent well in photos for some reason. I can definitely say the Sea Salt grey as opposed to the Ivory is different. It's truly a silver/grey shade as opposed to a cream/ivory color. The only thing that bothers me about the cloth inserts is the 10th Anniversary package is being marketed as being even MORE upscale than the previous option and it most definitely is NOT. The filigree leather the black and previous Indigo/Ivory interior had was tasteful and elegant. The cloth inserts just seem to be a downgrade in my opinion visually AND from a cleaning standpoint. It will require more work to detail the interior vs. the full leather in that regard. The cloth extends to the top of the seats AND is in the door inserts. I'm still very excited for it. The UConnect 5 interface is worth the wait for a MY22 even if a very similar 2021 was on the lot somewhere as I hate wires and use Android Auto all the time. The new GUI is very smooth and quick and much more customizable than UConnect 4. I'm crossing my fingers it will bring back the Vehicle Health Report ability to the 12" screen. Only time will tell.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These colors don't represent well in photos for some reason. I can definitely say the Sea Salt grey as opposed to the Ivory is different. It's truly a silver/grey shade as opposed to a cream/ivory color. The only thing that bothers me about the cloth inserts is the 10th Anniversary package is being marketed as being even MORE upscale than the previous option and it most definitely is NOT. The filigree leather the black and previous Indigo/Ivory interior had was tasteful and elegant. The cloth inserts just seem to be a downgrade in my opinion visually AND from a cleaning standpoint. It will require more work to detail the interior vs. the full leather in that regard. The cloth extends to the top of the seats AND is in the door inserts. I'm still very excited for it. The UConnect 5 interface is worth the wait for a MY22 even if a very similar 2021 was on the lot somewhere as I hate wires and use Android Auto all the time. The new GUI is very smooth and quick and much more customizable than UConnect 4. I'm crossing my fingers it will bring back the Vehicle Health Report ability to the 12" screen. Only time will tell.

I agree. I thought that cheapened the seats but like I said, hoped it was suede and the pic just rendered it bad. I'm not crazy about the filigree in the limiteds or the longhorns but I can easily live with it in the Indigo/Frost as you don't really notice it but it is all leather and not cloth. I'm still liking the sea salt but I want better pictures, hoping its more of a light gray than silver but I'm more than happy with my current Indigo/Frost but I I were buying today, it'd definitely be this trim and color.

I suspect the 12" with UC 5 may be able to be retrofitted, if so, I'll be doing that

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/