5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 - Help Me Decide on Exterior/Interior Color Please

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Hello all!

Prepared to order a 2022 Limited EcoDiesel and prepared to wait a while for delivery. I am going back and forth on exterior/interior combos.

What I think I'm leaning toward:

Tri Coat Ivory/Frost-Indigo Interior - I really think I'm preferring the light interior in the Ram. I have considered the Sea Salt-Indigo Limited but would prefer to see it in person first. My hesitancy with the Tri Coat Ivory is that our other two cars are this exact color as well. I have just chosen the color I feel looks best on the certain car I'm ordering and it happens to be Tri Coat white on them of late. I like how the chrome on the limited kind of "disappears" on the Ivory Tri Coat more than the darker colors.

Other Options:

Black/Frost-Indigo or Sea Salt-Indigo - years ago I almost always bought black cars. I think I'd have to have it ceramic coated this time around if I went this route. On one hand I like the contrast with the chrome on the Limited in Black, but I also feel like it's a touch over the top as in a bit too much. Most of us know how difficult it is to keep black clean.

Dark Granite Crystal/Black (Night Package Limited) - I saw one of these the other day and really loved the look. Like I said, I'm not always a huge fan of chrome. The problem with this (for me) is that I'd be locked in to a Black Interior. I suppose I could order Granite Crystal and vinyl wrap the chrome away and just order the 20" Limited Rims and replace them with a black aftermarket option? Seems to be a lot of work ...

I think I'm leaning Tri Coat and Indigo because it feels like the simplest option (wouldn't have to mess w vinyl, ceramic, new rims, etc) but doesn't exactly excite me.

Would love any perspective on this decision ... what and how you decided ... what things you considered, etc. Thanks!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is obviously a matter of personal preference, but my favorite colors are Delmonico Red and Patriot Blue. Granite is probably number three.

I ended up ordering a Delmonico Red Longhorn with black/new saddle interior which I think is beautiful, but I considered the Limited. I definitely would have gone with the Indigo/frost interior, and probably Patriot Blue exterior. I don’t care for all black interiors. No, wait: I hate all black interiors.

Personally, I also don’t care for black wheels, but if you like them, another option is to get your stock wheels powder coated. A few people on 5GR have done that.

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
When I ordered my Limited, I was told the indigo/Frost was no longer available. Only black and Indigo/Sea Salt. The indigo/sea salt is only available in the Limited 10th Anniversary Edition.

firedfly

Reaction score
When I ordered my Limited, I was told the indigo/Frost was no longer available. Only black and Indigo/Sea Salt. The indigo/sea salt is only available in the Limited 10th Anniversary Edition.
This is my understanding as well. If you order a limited you have to get the 10th anniversary edition to get the indigo/sea salt interior. Otherwise, you get the black interior.

RockJock

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed they removed indigo/frost. I planned to order it. I don't want 10th Anniversary or to wait another year so I had to get black. You could order body color bumpers ($195 option) to get rid of some chrome. I ordered Granite Crystal and body color bumpers. Mopar Accessories has some nice looking wheels for $350ish/per, but you could get aftermarket cheaper.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Good point ... I have heard varying reports on this. One dealer told me I was crazy when I said indigo/frost wasn't available anymore, but I know that appears to be the case on the NADA build. Interesting way to push people into the 10th Anniversary Edition.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed they removed indigo/frost. I planned to order it. I don't want 10th Anniversary or to wait another year so I had to get black. You could order body color bumpers ($195 option) to get rid of some chrome. I ordered Granite Crystal and body color bumpers. Mopar Accessories has some nice looking wheels for $350ish/per, but you could get aftermarket cheaper.
Yes, I would get body colored bumpers no matter what.

I really liked the indigo/frost so I hope this isn't true. Also makes me want to wait to see the Sea Salt/Indigo in person before placing an order or maybe even holding off until the 2023 mild refresh options.

Nels

Reaction score
I have granite crystal, with body colored bunpers due to sport package, stock laramie chrome/brushed wheels. Black interior, which i love. Personally i think granite with black wheels/night edition looks great! I probably wont spring for aftermarket wheels but my consider powder coating current wheels. Or even black wheel skins.

Nels

Reaction score
I have granite crystal, with body colored bunpers due to sport package, stock laramie chrome/brushed wheels. Black interior, which i love. Personally i think granite with black wheels/night edition looks great! I probably wont spring for aftermarket wheels but my consider powder coating current wheels. Or even black wheel skins.
Also of note - wishing i had done something to protect the painted front bumper from chips. Ceramic or ppf really should be considered with probably any color of painted bumper, but especially the darker colors.

Gitter

Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of black interiors, but I have been very happy with the black interior of my Limited. The white piping on the seats, the gray wood accents, and silver trim all help to break it up. Best of all, it's done tastefully (and not overly distracting/gawdy).

You will probably be happy no matter what interior color you get.

bskubon

Reaction score
My 2020 limited is patriot Blue with Indigo interior, really like the combination. Just hate black interiors down here in NC, interior gets so hot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have loved to order the olive green! But you can not order it on a limited longhorn, so i went with the second best color, patriot blue with black/new saddle interior. I like contrast

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 limited is patriot Blue with Indigo interior, really like the combination. Just hate black interiors down here in NC, interior gets so hot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 2021 is the exact same. Even the same state. It's really a nice shade of blue. Having a (partly) blue interior sounds very 1970s/80s but it works here. Granite Crystal was our second choice. I also liked the Delmonico Red, but my wife didn't.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Hello all!

Prepared to order a 2022 Limited EcoDiesel and prepared to wait a while for delivery. I am going back and forth on exterior/interior combos.

Tri Coat Ivory/Frost-Indigo Interior - I really think I'm preferring the light interior in the Ram. I have considered the Sea Salt-Indigo Limited but would prefer to see it in person first. My hesitancy with the Tri Coat Ivory is that our other two cars are this exact color as well. I have just chosen the color I feel looks best on the certain car I'm ordering and it happens to be Tri Coat white on them of late. I like how the chrome on the limited kind of "disappears" on the Ivory Tri Coat more than the darker colors.

Other Options:

Black/Frost-Indigo or Sea Salt-Indigo - years ago I almost always bought black cars. I think I'd have to have it ceramic coated this time around if I went this route. On one hand I like the contrast with the chrome on the Limited in Black, but I also feel like it's a touch over the top as in a bit too much. Most of us know how difficult it is to keep black clean.

Dark Granite Crystal/Black (Night Package Limited) - I saw one of these the other day and really loved the look. Like I said, I'm not always a huge fan of chrome. The problem with this (for me) is that I'd be locked in to a Black Interior. I suppose I could order Granite Crystal and vinyl wrap the chrome away and just order the 20" Limited Rims and replace them with a black aftermarket option? Seems to be a lot of work ...

I think I'm leaning Tri Coat and Indigo because it feels like the simplest option (wouldn't have to mess w vinyl, ceramic, new rims, etc) but doesn't exactly excite me.

Would love any perspective on this decision ... what and how you decided ... what things you considered, etc. Thanks!
Indigo/Frost is not an option for 2022...I sat with my dealer and went through the configurator together. Indigo/Sea Salt with 10th Anniversary or Black are the only options. I went to the Chicago Auto Show just to see the new Indigo/Sea Salt interior as the marketing release pics make it appear greyish/black instead of Indigo. Pictures do this interior no justice... it's beautiful. I am a little disappointed they put cloth inserts in place of the filigree, but the cloth is very durable and breaks it up a little. The suede headliner and other 10th Anniversary touches are nice. I can't wait for mine to come in!!

2021-07-18 09.14.12.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.29.jpg 2021-07-18 09.18.51.jpg 2021-07-18 09.24.58.jpg 2021-07-18 09.26.41.jpg 2021-07-18 09.27.30.jpg 2021-07-18 09.24.58.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.18.jpg 2021-07-18 09.14.37.jpg 2021-07-18 09.15.20.jpg 2021-07-18 09.15.33.jpg

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Indigo/Frost is not an option for 2022...I sat with View attachment 101701 View attachment 101702 View attachment 101703 View attachment 101704 View attachment 101705 View attachment 101706 my dealer and went through the configurator together. Indigo/Sea Salt with 10th Anniversary or Black are the only options. I went to the Chicago Auto Show just to see the new Indigo/Sea Salt interior as the marketing release pics make it appear greyish/black instead of Indigo. Pictures do this interior no justice... it's beautiful. I am a little disappointed they put cloth inserts in place of the filigree, but the cloth is very durable and breaks it up a little. The suede headliner and other 10th Aniversary touches are nice. Can't wait for mine to come in
Thanks for the pictures!!! I just wish we could do the night edition exterior with this interior.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Other Options:

I'm loving my Ivory tri-coat and black interior. I'm not a fan of chrome so I also got the Night Edition. Ceramic tint on the windows and windshield sun shade keeps my interior temps bearable even in the heart of summer heat.

Also of note - wishing i had done something to protect the painted front bumper from chips. Ceramic or ppf really should be considered with probably any color of painted bumper, but especially the darker colors.
Ceramic coating will not protect against chips. Use PPF for chip protection.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went 10th Anniversary to get the lighter interior. I like both the black and the indigo/sea salt. Ultimately I went with the lighter interior (and vented seats) for temperature reasons. I live in the south and I find black leather unbearable to sit on after getting into a vehicle that has been baking in the summer sun.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, ceramic won't help against chips, but it cleans up a minivan nicely after a nasty beach trip.

Attachments

• PXL_20210802_002611987.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210802_002611987.NIGHT.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 10

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Indigo/Frost is not an option for 2022...I sat with View attachment 101701 View attachment 101702 View attachment 101703 View attachment 101704 View attachment 101705 View attachment 101706 my dealer and went through the configurator together. Indigo/Sea Salt with 10th Anniversary or Black are the only options. I went to the Chicago Auto Show just to see the new Indigo/Sea Salt interior as the marketing release pics make it appear greyish/black instead of Indigo. Pictures do this interior no justice... it's beautiful. I am a little disappointed they put cloth inserts in place of the filigree, but the cloth is very durable and breaks it up a little. The suede headliner and other 10th Aniversary touches are nice. Can't wait for mine to come in

I have Indigo/Frost in my 20, I kinda like the Indigo/Sea Salt a little better or did when it looked a little more grey. These pics dont look much different than the Indigo/Frost color. I do agree on the seat inserts, I saw that in the press release and thought they looked like cloth but hoped they were suede but reading your post and them being cloth, IDK about that

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm loving my Ivory tri-coat and black interior. I'm not a fan of chrome so I also got the Night Edition. Ceramic tint on the windows and windshield sun shade keeps my interior temps bearable even in the heart of summer heat.

Ceramic coating will not protect against chips. Use PPF for chip protection.

Absolutely, I did both

Users who are viewing this thread