5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GMC Sierra??

Hasti17

Reaction score
Thoughts on how well GMC redesigned the Sierra to keep up with our trucks??
My first reaction is the EYE-WATERING PRICES (Base MSRP)
Denali Ultimate $80,395
Denali $61,295
AT4X $74,995
AT4 $60,995 Standard Diesel Engine.
SLT $50,295
Elevation $45,495

I would have only ordered an AT4 But in comparison to my Laramie, the MSRP before ANY options other than the diesel to make them comparable, is Almost $4,000 dollars more....
Building a LOADED 10th anniversary Limited tops the low seventies.... 80 GRAND for a truck thats only now comparable to a ram????

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the looks of it and that brown interior enough that I would pay $80k+ for the ultimate with a diesel engine (recently got the ram so that’s not actually happening). I think it all comes down to personal preference and and I’m sure a lot of people would think I’m crazy for paying $80k for a truck. What I really want is an electric, and when the time comes, I’ll have no issue paying $80-90k for that also.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The built in massage has me sold! OK, not really. It looks nice, and I think it's cool that they have true front and rear e-lockers but man, that's too expensive for my blood.

Hasti17

Reaction score
The built in massage has me sold! OK, not really. It looks nice, and I think it's cool that they have true front and rear e-lockers but man, that's too expensive for my blood.
Personally i think theres alot of Gimmicky BS in the press release that kind of belies the point. We want to know three major areas of improvement, tech, capability, and comfort. I think they are overshooting their price, i almost ordered a loaded AT4 In june, would have set me back 63k before incentives, and now in order to get the top of the line options you HAVE to get the AT4X at 75k(and the NEW interior is too bland for the AT4).... like seriously

Wut?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. Maybe the massage is there to give a dude a reason to sell it to their spouse. Most women won't turn a massage down - ever.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I like the looks of it and that brown interior enough that I would pay $80k+ for the ultimate with a diesel engine (recently got the ram so that’s not actually happening). I think it all comes down to personal preference and and I’m sure a lot of people would think I’m crazy for paying $80k for a truck. What I really want is an electric, and when the time comes, I’ll have no issue paying $80-90k for that also.
Yea ill give the gmc credit, exterior styling is on another level in terms of road presence, but 80grand for something finally on par with ram but with butt massaging seems a bit much. I like the look generally, but they are trying to put a brand premium on it

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Denali Ultimate $80,395
Denali $61,295
AT4X $74,995
SLT $50,295
Elevation $45,495

I would have only ordered an AT4 But in comparison to my Laramie, the MSRP before ANY options other than the diesel to make them comparable, is Almost $4,000 dollars more....
Building a LOADED 10th anniversary Limited tops the low seventies.... 80 GRAND for a truck thats only now comparable to a ram????
I don’t like the “creative” pricing. Before ordering my Ram, I was offered discounts of $12-14K as soon as I walked onto Ford and GMC dealer lots. Why not just price realistically and stick to it?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a big V8, nothing beats that 6.2.

Super Cruise is also a nice add.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
As attractive as the Denalie Ultimate interior is, I'm not sure I'd like using the infotainment screen while driving. Not only is it landscape oriented, it's ultra-wide. How much of a stretch would it be to reach the far right side of the screen? I guess I'd just have to try one out to know if I would tolerate that or not. The other thing I noticed is how many small buttons and switches there are underneath the infotainment screen. I might need a navigator to operate those while driving LOL. Again, that's something I would need to experience to know for sure. It's definitely a step up as far as the interior goes. Not so much a fan of the grill and headlights. An improvement from the previous gen, but not a look that's appealing to me, at least right now. Maybe it will grow on me like the latest gen Silverado did.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I’m really digging the Denali Ultimate, and with the lease on my Limited coming up in September I may have to take a good hard look especially with supercruise, the massage seats (selling point to the wife as others have mentioned) and the 6.2 (had this motor in my Escalade). The exterior presence is unmatched in this segment IMO.

That said, $80k for an ultimate is excessive - especially when it’s missing a pano roof, cooled rear seats and air suspension vs a comparably equipped Limited night edition (which is about $5k less). Though I suspect the actual next gen redesign will bring those features since the current gen Yukons have all of them.

Crossing my fingers enough buyers balk at the cost that GM/dealers offer some sort of incentives/discounts.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That said, $80k for an ultimate is excessive - especially when it’s missing a pano roof, cooled rear seats and air suspension vs a comparably equipped Limited night edition (which is about $5k less). Though I suspect the actual next gen redesign will bring those features since the current gen Yukons have all of them.
$80k is $5k higher than the MSRP on my 2021 Limited, with ramboxes, MFT, Night edition, in addition the pano roof, cooled rear seats, air suspension you mentioned. Supercruise and massaging seats wouldn't be enough for me to bridge that gap. But then again I won't be in the market for a new truck for a few years. 😁 We'll see what's out there when that time comes. I'm just glad to see GM is finally making a real effort on interior design.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
$80k is $5k higher than the MSRP on my 2021 Limited, with ramboxes, MFT, Night edition, in addition the pano roof, cooled rear seats, air suspension you mentioned. Supercruise and massaging seats wouldn't be enough for me to bridge that gap. But then again I won't be in the market for a new truck for a few years. 😁 We'll see what's out there when that time comes. I'm just glad to see GM is finally making a real effort on interior design.
Speaking of that, I went on their site and did a 2021 Denali 1500 build and it came up to 81,000 with their old interior and 8 inch infotainment center. I just had to laugh at that because it’s ridiculous.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
If you want a big V8, nothing beats that 6.2.
That's a fact. I test drove a new Ram with the 5.7 and it's a great motor for sure. But there's no truck on the market that can match the 6.2/10 speed combo.

I really love the new design here. I like the Silverado facelift a lot but I'm much more fond of this. I won't be buying a truck until at least Spring anyways so this gives me time to try one out and see how I like it. My only hang up is I hate, hate, HATE a console shifter in a truck. What a total waste of space. And without an independent rear suspension, it is unlikely they will match the driving comfort of the Ram. But, you can't get the 6.2/10 speed in the Ram and that combo alone is a huge selling point for me.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I 100% agree with you - I nerded out and did a complete comparison spreadsheet between our trucks and the new Sierra since I will be in the market, soon and it ended up being pretty even. Both offer some unique features that the other doesn't so it becomes more of what are you willing to live with/without. I have a feeling that $80k base will come packed to the gills with few if any remaining options to add save for OEM accessories. The question becomes will dealers be willing to negotiate or will GM offer any incentives. Ultimately, they will charge what people are willing to pay. It wasn't that long ago that $70k for a truck was thought to be outrageous, now it's the norm for upper end trims. I'm hoping this doesn't introduce the era of $80k mainstream trucks.

For me, the 6.2 justifies some of that $5k premium, but I'm partial to that motor. Not having a pano roof or air ride is unacceptable at that price, though. Our 5.7 I feel is a bit underwhelming in a half-ton application but perfect for something the weight/size of say a Grand Cherokee (which I had before my truck, now the wife's). The 392 would be perfect for the 1500 IMO.

If we could only get a half-ton truck with the exterior styling/presence of the Denali, interior of the Ram, 6.2 or 6.4 motor, the "legacy/heritage" of the F150 and all the best unique features of each (rambox, pro-power onboard, supercruise, etc)...I can dream, can't I??

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Speaking of that, I went on their site and did a 2021 Denali 1500 build and it came up to 81,000 with their old interior and 8 inch infotainment center. I just had to laugh at that because it’s ridiculous.
Funnily enough I did something similar yesterday and came pretty close to that $80k, as well.

Even more outrageous was I priced out a Yukon Denali and it came to ~$85k. That at least is a bit more understandable considering it's an entirely new generation and thoroughly redesigned with all of the modern amenities expected (including air ride and pano roof - of which the refreshed Sierra does not have).

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Denali Ultimate $80,395
Denali $61,295
AT4X $74,995
SLT $50,295
Elevation $45,495

My 2021 Laramie sport was $65,000

Hasti17

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie sport was $65,000
And thats cause yours is Loaded. Gmc Has option tiers, usually 2500, 4k and 6k plus individual add ons like a sun roof or the carbon pro bed. I doubt they are gonna break the mould here and just make trucks optioned out.... Especially since the Photos of the AT4 interior you see in the ad is actually the AT4X.... 75k... with the "optional equipment shown" at the bottom, and im still a little underwhelmed. That interior i expect in a 55k-65k premium truck in 2020, for 75+ grand it better make me FEEL the money put into it, and the denali ultimate is certainly as close as that gets, but not QUITE there in my opinion.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We’ll probably be laughing at the GMC interior once the next RAM interior comes out. Get ready for that $95k limited trim….

Users who are viewing this thread