5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 5.7 fuel economy 10 mpg city ???

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m outside the DFW area and see anywhere around 18-21mpg. My average has been around 19mpg though so Im not complaining here. Just have to drive it with a soft foot. If my brother drives my truck he usually averages around 14-16mpgs. He has somewhat of a heavy foot, but also he doesn’t understand cruising to a red light or how a small amount on the throttle can bring the mpg’s from what I get to what he usually gets.

BigD

Reaction score
I got 3.92 rear end. I average 18 mpg mix of city & highway. Get about 15.5 if just city driving. I can get 22-24 mpg if highway & keep it under 60 mph !!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The easiest way to get great MPG.

Coast. Coast as often as you can.

Accelerate slowly. Coast to stops. Brake as little as possible.

Coast.

Keep Rpm bellow 2000.

And this is why trucks are no fun anymore.

Smash that throttle and enjoy yourself.

Fill up when you need gas and repeat.

Trucks like gas. It makes them happy.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Absolutely, even on my Rebel, if I drive like a granny, say late at night when I can't p*ss people behind me off, I can get surprislying good mpg, using some basic hypermiling techniques. I'm talking 17 city / 21 highway on a 33" tired Rebel.

But drive anywhere near normal, so that person behind me doesn't get mad, and I'm at 13 city / 17 highway, but mixed I'm barely getting 14 mpg. Get aggressive, and be seeing even lower.

Not complaining, love my truck and motor combination.

fishslayer

Reaction score
I call BS. No way unless you have a V6.
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.. since you have never been in my truck, you have no facts.. and YES, I do get that MPG in my E-Torque Hemi here in FLAT south Louisiana on the hiway.. My 2017 Hemi got 24-25mpg... maybe your problem is your poor driving habits . I have a Corvette that gets 30mpg.. Guess you dont believe that either?

jzinckgra

Reaction score
maybe you should use the miles you drove divided by the gallons you use to get actual mpg, instead of relying on the truck to tell you .. or learn to drive better
You must be fun at parties

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Wolfmanwon

Reaction score
Yes I’m using 89 octane. What kind of increase in fuel economy should I expect after the engine is full Brocken in?
I have a 2021 Ram 5.7 with 2.92 rear end. Most I've got was 21.5 on the expressway. Most often get between 17.5 to 18.5 around town. Takes about 2000 miles to get full economy.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.. since you have never been in my truck, you have no facts.. and YES, I do get that MPG in my E-Torque Hemi here in FLAT south Louisiana on the hiway.. My 2017 Hemi got 24-25mpg... maybe your problem is your poor driving habits . I have a Corvette that gets 30mpg.. Guess you dont believe that either?

I actually believe you, on a flat road you can score some crazy high mpg on these trucks. However, to be fair, my initial response would be like the others on how that's possible if I didn't know that.

Now that we know what kind of roads you are on, it makes sense to me.

fishslayer

Reaction score
I actually believe you, on a flat road you can score some crazy high mpg on these trucks. However, to be fair, my initial response would be like the others on how that's possible if I didn't know that.

Now that we know what kind of roads you are on, it makes sense to me.
exactly . but some people here get their only exercise JUMPING to conclusions .. instead of getting ALL the facts first and making an informed comment.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is great- it belongs right next to “people of walmart” in my bookmarks.

Users who are viewing this thread