5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 5.7 etorque Generator Backorder

mda327

Reaction score
First time posting, first time Ram owner. So far not happy at all. 5.7 eqtorque big horn 4x4 with less than 1000 miles on it, owned less than 1 month. It has been 16 days since truck has been towed to dealer after breaking down on side of the road. Check engine light came on, message said battery saving mode and before could get to safe spot, truck died. Have contacted dealer and ram cares, and the generator needed is on back order and no one has any idea when they will get one. I have not even made the first payment, and it has sat in the dealer service department longer than I have owned it with no idea when they are getting a part. Ram Cares has "escalated" to their parts department to expedite, but can't expedite what they don't have.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure Ram will give 1st payment extensions for this situation if I remember reading correctly on this forum.

I had an etorque on my last years model but this is one reason I opted out of not getting it this time - parts availability.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Part is in stock, your dealer needs to get it

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some of these dealers, man… 🤦🏽‍♂️ They really need to get it together.

Edit: Some of these dealers AND WEBSITES, man… 🤦🏽‍♂️ They really need to get it together.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Part is in stock, your dealer needs to get it

That doesn’t mean anything. All online mopar parts sites are like that. It’s not until after you checkout and pay that you get an email kicking the order because the part is backordered with no ETA.

BowDown

Reaction score
That doesn’t mean anything. All online mopar parts sites are like that. It’s not until after you checkout and pay that you get an email kicking the order because the part is backordered with no ETA.
Put it in your cart and go to checkout. Gave me an estimated delivery date of 5 days and $52 shipping
Ships Fast From Lakeland, FL

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
Seems highly unlikely there's a real shortage for this. Ram 1500 inventories are high and they are still cranking them out.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems highly unlikely there's a real shortage for this. Ram 1500 inventories are high and they are still cranking them out.
This isn't the first post I've seen saying they are on backorder. They will keep the factory pumping out new trucks before they replenish repair parts...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Put it in your cart and go to checkout. Gave me an estimated delivery date of 5 days and $52 shipping
Correct. ALL mopar parts sites will let you put any item in your cart, check out, pay, give you an estimated shipping date, etc. Then, the next day, you’ll get an email automatically refunding you and kicking your order, explaining that the part is backordered with no ETA.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Correct. ALL mopar parts sites will let you put any item in your cart, check out, pay, give you an estimated shipping date, etc. Then, the next day, you’ll get an email automatically refunding you and kicking your order, explaining that the part is backordered with no ETA.
I just went through this but my order was not canceled. I did get the email the next day stating the part was not in stock (even though the web page said in stock). The email said the part had to be located, transferred to them, and then shipped to me. That happened and I did get the part albeit a few days later than expected.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just went through this but my order was not canceled. I did get the email the next day stating the part was not in stock (even though the web page said in stock). The email said the part had to be located, transferred to them, and then shipped to me. That happened and I did get the part albeit a few days later than expected.
That can definitely happen too. Anyone can call any parts department (that’s all the mopar parts sites are, is some dealership’s parts department), and they can tell you exactly how many of that part are in the country, who has it, and who’s willing to sell it to another dealership.
Some parts need to first get delivered to the dealership from a warehouse. Some parts are backordered with an ETA, so they’ll ask if you want to wait, and some parts are backordered with no ETA and they automatically kick the order.

BowDown

Reaction score

There's 5 Units in FL, just spoke with Orlando Dodge Parts and they have it in stock
Orlando Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

4101 W Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32808-8122
  • Sales: 321-235-6823
  • Service: 321-236-9521
  • Parts: 321-236-9541
1st online parts wholesaler I called, likely many others, number is above, give them a call and see for yourself

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The backorder isn't terrible like some want to think. 297 in transit from supplier. If the dealer would order VOR they would receive it quicker than a regular stock order.

Attachments

• MGU.PNG
    MGU.PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online