5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Ram Bighorn 5.7 V8 "Bell Rattle" Sound

woodunder

Reaction score
I accidentally posted this over here (see link) but can't seem to move it under the 5.7 threads, so I apologize for re-posting - 2022 1500 Ram Bighorn 5.7 V8 "Bell Rattle" Sound

Good Morning 5thGenRams Forum! As this is my first post here, I hope this is the correct section to be posting my question, if not, please forgive me and let me know where to move the conversation. I'm a first time RAM owner, coming from a 2007 Nissan Titan that I owned for 15 years. The new truck has been great so far, and I've officially had it for a year now.

However, back in July, the underside started making a rattling, almost bell-like, sound when idling; it doesn't matter if it's on a cold or warm start. Please see the video here for the sound the truck is making - IMG_9284.MOV - initially thought it was the muffler or tailpipe, but doesn't appear to be the case, and it doesn't sound like the normal "hemi tick", from what I understand.

I brought the truck into my closest dealer back in August/Sept to resolve a few other service items, and even though they could hear the noise, they didn’t spend any time trying to diagnose or figure out the problem, they just simply acknowledged they could hear it. With that dead-end, I reached out to the dealership where I bought the truck, and they set me up with an engine tech to diagnose the problem, to come back later after my initial visit to try and get it diagnosed. So, after Thanksgiving I brought the truck up, they gave me a loaner (side note, the Charger they gave me was fun to drive around), and they kept my truck for a week. The engine tech was able to reproduce/hear the issue and kind of pinpoint it under the engine, from what I was told, and then the tech also supposedly reproduced it with another 2022 RAM 1500 they had on the lot, so with that they just labeled it as normal, not an issue/safety concern, but said they would submit to Chrysler engineering for further looking at. I feel like I’ve been dismissed, along with my concerns, as the truck didn’t originally make this noise. It really seems like something is just loose and needs to be tightened, or the catalytic converter is having issues (had that happen on the Titan shortly after I bought it, so I guess I'm sensitive to that sorta noise)?

Was just curious if anyone else here has experienced a similar noise/problem, and what the issue was, or if anyone has any speculation on what it could be? I appreciate any insight/feedback from the community! I've also reached out to MOPAR with the above and opened a case #. Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I accidentally posted this over here (see link) but can't seem to move it under the 5.7 threads, so I apologize for re-posting - 2022 1500 Ram Bighorn 5.7 V8 "Bell Rattle" Sound

Good Morning 5thGenRams Forum! As this is my first post here, I hope this is the correct section to be posting my question, if not, please forgive me and let me know where to move the conversation. I'm a first time RAM owner, coming from a 2007 Nissan Titan that I owned for 15 years. The new truck has been great so far, and I've officially had it for a year now.

However, back in July, the underside started making a rattling, almost bell-like, sound when idling; it doesn't matter if it's on a cold or warm start. Please see the video here for the sound the truck is making - IMG_9284.MOV - initially thought it was the muffler or tailpipe, but doesn't appear to be the case, and it doesn't sound like the normal "hemi tick", from what I understand.

I brought the truck into my closest dealer back in August/Sept to resolve a few other service items, and even though they could hear the noise, they didn’t spend any time trying to diagnose or figure out the problem, they just simply acknowledged they could hear it. With that dead-end, I reached out to the dealership where I bought the truck, and they set me up with an engine tech to diagnose the problem, to come back later after my initial visit to try and get it diagnosed. So, after Thanksgiving I brought the truck up, they gave me a loaner (side note, the Charger they gave me was fun to drive around), and they kept my truck for a week. The engine tech was able to reproduce/hear the issue and kind of pinpoint it under the engine, from what I was told, and then the tech also supposedly reproduced it with another 2022 RAM 1500 they had on the lot, so with that they just labeled it as normal, not an issue/safety concern, but said they would submit to Chrysler engineering for further looking at. I feel like I’ve been dismissed, along with my concerns, as the truck didn’t originally make this noise. It really seems like something is just loose and needs to be tightened, or the catalytic converter is having issues (had that happen on the Titan shortly after I bought it, so I guess I'm sensitive to that sorta noise)?

Was just curious if anyone else here has experienced a similar noise/problem, and what the issue was, or if anyone has any speculation on what it could be? I appreciate any insight/feedback from the community! I've also reached out to MOPAR with the above and opened a case #. Thank you for any assistance you can provide!
Hello,

We reached out on your original post, but it appears you may not have seen it. Our team would like to learn more about your current situation and see where we can best support you. Can you please send us a private message including the name of the dealership where you took your vehicle in for service, and the current mileage of your 2022 Ram 1500?

Dakota
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread