5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Won't Start - Brake Pedal Can't Be Pushed

mariuszz

Reaction score
Ran an errand this morning came back parked thecar and few minutes later when I decided to move it to another spot, it wont start. The brake pedal is hard and I can't push it down. Also the remote start will not work. I tried jumping the truck but that didnt work does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind, there was an issue with some of the power adjust brake pedals where they can unscrew too far and jam up. There's a TSB on here somewhere I think. Don't know if it prevents remote start but you wouldn't be able to shift out of park anyway if you can't activate the brake switch.

Snowfox

Reaction score
My battery died on the weekend, and the brake pedal was hard as a rock. When I got it charged up again, it was back to normal.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ran an errand this morning came back parked thecar and few minutes later when I decided to move it to another spot, it wont start. The brake pedal is hard and I can't push it down. Also the remote start will not work. I tried jumping the truck but that didnt work does anyone have any advice? Thanks
whats the specs of your truck ? year? you mention you tried to jump it, so i imagine your battery is dead? or you still had power? if battery dead, some here on this forum were not able to jump start their truck when the battery was dead, they replace the battery and everything was back to normal after

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Had that happen to me once. I just put all my might on the brake pedal and then it started and the pedal felt fine again. Just the one time over a year ago and no problem since. No clue what it was.

bubonic_bonnie

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I'm currently dealing with the same thing

M3forged

Reaction score
When it happened to me I was doing some wiring and messing with battery connections. I'd start there, if a jump won't work try replacing it. Good luck!

bubonic_bonnie

Reaction score
I have a 2019, I was able to charge it enough to start it. The screen quickly flashed and said to service my parking brake, and then later said to get my ECM maintenanced. It's so strange because it was running perfectly the night before

Users who are viewing this thread