5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Uconnect 4 WiFi

JohnProvident

Reaction score
I have a 2021 BTS with 12 inch Uconnect 4. When I go to the apps I have the wifi app available. I went in and changed the password, connected with my phone, it redirected me to ATT and I page came up that said wifi is not available for my truck. I know there was an issue a while back with ATT and Uconnect and I was wondering if my truck just doesn’t have wifi capabilities? If so why is the app there on u connect and why can my phone see a wifi network and connect to it? I’m kind of confused haha.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2021 BTS with 12 inch Uconnect 4. When I go to the apps I have the wifi app available. I went in and changed the password, connected with my phone, it redirected me to ATT and I page came up that said wifi is not available for my truck. I know there was an issue a while back with ATT and Uconnect and I was wondering if my truck just doesn’t have wifi capabilities? If so why is the app there on u connect and why can my phone see a wifi network and connect to it? I’m kind of confused haha.
Guess it's still an issue. I had this issue on my UC4. Worked when I first got the truck in 2020 with the free trial. Then about a year after it expired, I wanted to do it again. AT&T told me it is a UC issue.

KGWhip

Reaction score
i have a 2021 1500 limited night edition with 12” screen. WiFi worked for a while. One of the reasons I purchased the truck. I have an iPad that was not cellular and it was working great. One day all of a sudden no WiFi. Called at&t. They said it was a ram issue. Called ram they said it was an AT&T issue. Seemed my truck was lacking some update or files. Gave me the versions I needed to make it work. Took the truck to the dealership. They updated and no WiFi. Charged me. Called AT&T and they said I don’t have the ability to have WiFi. Had an account set up and was being charged for WiFi Got AT&T on the phone with Ram. So we could finally figure who was responsible for my lack of WiFi. Neither one took responsibility. They blamed each other no ****. I couldn’t believe what was going on. AT&T initiated the call. So to this day a year later I still have no WiFi with no explanation. AT&T gave me a list of file numbers that I could use to receive WiFi. But my dealership says it can’t load old files and that updating like it does prevents it. The over the air updates still happen to my truck. There is a signal obviously if I get updates to the truck. No explanation. I feel as though it could be an issue to the point of a Lemmon law. They just don’t want to acknowledge that they don’t have a clue. (Ram). I believe AT&T when they say it’s Ram that is at fault.

Merlin

Reaction score
I had this problem several times with my 2019 big horn with the 8.4 screen. I went into the wifi and changed the name of the wifi and that would work for a little while. I also did the whole press the two buttons for 10 seconds and let the radio reset, leave the door open for a minute after shutting off the truck. There was a whole procedure on the forums here. It worked a few times. eventually the issue went away and I had uninterrupted wifi for a while. Then I got unlimited on my cell phone with hotspot access and I ditched the at&t unlimited service. I kept it for a while because it was 15 bucks a month, but now my kids and I all have 25 gigs of hotspot access so they can hook up in the truck for long rides. I went through the phone calls as well, about 2 years ago or so. Frustrating isn't even the word. I got at&t to refund some money when it wasn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread