5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Technology Package

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What does UConnect 5 offer that everyone is so excited about?

i found the HUD more distracting than useful (who looks at their speedo that often?). Not a big fan of the rear view monitor but understand how it could be useful enough for others to overlook the flaws- if it showed what was behind the trailer, now you’re tipping the balance.

Twin turbo straight six, accident avoiding self-drive, true hybrid, an actual 6’0” bed, higher payload, those are things that would have me thinking about upgrading (in 2025+)...
UC5 as gH said above is Android based and supposed to be 5x faster. It will also have wireless Android Auto/Car Play which is a feature a lot of people have been asking for. There's also the 'latest and greatest' or 'new shiny object' factor 😆

Here's a more in-depth article:

Reactions: cj7

BNeal

Reaction score
Actually, the following 2021 Pacifica page from Chrysler's website does show UConnect5 (the 2020 page still shows UConnect4):

Geoff
Ahhh... it must default to 2020. I didn't think to check that.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UC5 as gH said above is Android based and supposed to be 5x faster. It will also have wireless Android Auto/Car Play which is a feature a lot of people have been asking for. There's also the 'latest and greatest' or 'new shiny object' factor 😆

Here's a more in-depth article:
Thx. Would like wireless CarPlay, but not enough to trade for...

funny how tech has become so important. Same with the fascination with virtual instruments . Sorry but I like a really nice tach with a real needle. Like, as much as I like my Apple Watch (so functional), my real watch is so much nicer to look at, handle...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thx. Would like wireless CarPlay, but not enough to trade for...

funny how tech has become so important. Same with the fascination with virtual instruments . Sorry but I like a really nice tach with a real needle. Like, as much as I like my Apple Watch (so functional), my real watch is so much nicer to look at, handle...
I hear you. I just spent good money having a 1968 Smith speedometer restored to concours condition. But I do use the heck out of CarPlay in my Ram...

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool! Those are classic. Who did the work? What’s it going in?

I have a Smiths gauge tester from the early sixties -it was built into a dovetailed wooden box. Like all there instruments, not meant to be fancy, but so different than today...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Cool! Those are classic. Who did the work? What’s it going in?

I have a Smiths gauge tester from the early sixties -it was built into a dovetailed wooden box. Like all there instruments, not meant to be fancy, but so different than today...
Vintage British Cables up in Alberta, Canada. They acquired the original bezel presses from the now-defunct Smiths North America, and they do complete restorations. (They also build exact concours-quality cables.)

My dad gave me his ‘68 BSA a while back, but it’s not been on the road (mostly stored in a barn) since 1978 (42 years ago!). So I’m getting it fully restored and will surprise him when it’s done.

Users who are viewing this thread