5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Technology Package

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on trading in my 2019 Limited for a 2021 Night Edition with all the bells and whistles like I have now, but every truck I looked at with what I wanted was missing the Technology package. What are your thoughts on that option? Maybe I need to ride out the winter and order one in March/April? LOL

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on trading in my 2019 Limited for a 2021 Night Edition with all the bells and whistles like I have now, but every truck I looked at with what I wanted was missing the Technology package. What are your thoughts on that option? Maybe I need to ride out the winter and order one in March/April? LOL
Personally, I couldn’t see trading in so soon without it.

Then again, I wouldn’t trade mine in before UConnect 5 has been released (and the inevitable bugs worked out). By that time, we’ll see what else has arrived on the scene (Hummer EV, Super Raptor and who-knows-what-else).

Rexx

Reaction score
The technology package is the only reason I’d ever consider trading in my 2020. The HUD would be nice to have. Without the package, why bother trading in?

Arth

Reaction score
I agree.
It provides 3 minor things but I did jump from my 2018 to 2021 because of the technology package.

I think this package is doing to keep me from thinking I missed out of Unconnect 5 if they drop that anytime soon for the Rams.

blackgtprix

Reaction score
I was convinced I wouldn't buy one without this package until I drove one with it. The HUD is nice but I hated the rear view mirror, and i couldn't get used to the camera view. It may have grown on me but during the test drive it actually bothered me. I ended up choosing a rebel that the MF tailgate and spray in bedliner as opposed to the tech pack. To me the tailgate was more useful than the HUD.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, I couldn’t see trading in so soon without it.

Then again, I wouldn’t trade mine in before UConnect 5 has been released (and the inevitable bugs worked out). By that time, we’ll see what else has arrived on the scene (Hummer EV, Super Raptor and who-knows-what-else).
When is UConnect 5 coming?

BNeal

Reaction score
When is UConnect 5 coming?
No promises, but my dealer tells me 2022. It was supposed to hit with 2021 Pacifica, but I don't think it made the cut, which to me means there are problems. So who knows?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was convinced I wouldn't buy one without this package until I drove one with it. The HUD is nice but I hated the rear view mirror, and i couldn't get used to the camera view. It may have grown on me but during the test drive it actually bothered me. I ended up choosing a rebel that the MF tailgate and spray in bedliner as opposed to the tech pack. To me the tailgate was more useful than the HUD.
Would love to have the digital rear view mirror because all my windows is 5% tint(except windshield), so i can easy to see out the back.

JParsonss

Reaction score
Traded my 2019 Ram 1500 for a 2020 Jeep Rubicon but just went back to a 2021 Ram 1500. I love the HUD and MFT. The mirror I had on my Escalade and really did not care for it there or on the new Ram 1500. I'm sure it works for some.

BNeal

Reaction score
Would love to have the digital rear view mirror because all my windows is 5% tint(except windshield), so i can easy to see out the back.
I love the tech package. When I have my BakFlip up, which totally covers the rear window, that digital mirror is sweet. I wear bifocals and had to adapt, as the digital mirror is actually just a computer monitor, but it's really nice once you get used to it. I also love the HUD. I had that in my BMW and liked it so much, I waited for the '21 Ram so I could get it. And the surround cameras are a life saver in parking lots.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well... At this point, If it were me, I'd hold for the 2022 which more than likely will get Uconnect5.
It will come sooner than you think.

Cheers,

Jofu

Reaction score
Interesting. The Pacifica build site still says UC4 and I didn't see UC5 as an option - but hey, maybe I missed it.
Actually, the following 2021 Pacifica page from Chrysler's website does show UConnect5 (the 2020 page still shows UConnect4):

Geoff

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Cochise

Reaction score
I have the Technology Package on my Limited and really like it. I mostly use the rear view camera during the day and the mirror at night.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. The Pacifica build site still says UC4 and I didn't see UC5 as an option - but hey, maybe I missed it.
You must have accidentally been building a '20, all '21 Pacificas have UC5 standard. UC5 is also available on most '21 Durango trims.
Screenshot_20201124-205137_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dragon62

Reaction score
My '21 Bighorn still has the U4 (12" screen), no seen option for a U5 in the lineup.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does UConnect 5 offer that everyone is so excited about?

i found the HUD more distracting than useful (who looks at their speedo that often?). Not a big fan of the rear view monitor but understand how it could be useful enough for others to overlook the flaws- if it showed what was behind the trailer, now you’re tipping the balance.

Twin turbo straight six, accident avoiding self-drive, true hybrid, an actual 6’0” bed, higher payload, those are things that would have me thinking about upgrading (in 2025+)...

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does UConnect 5 offer that everyone is so excited about?

i found the HUD more distracting than useful (who looks at their speedo that often?). Not a big fan of the rear view monitor but understand how it could be useful enough for others to overlook the flaws- if it showed what was behind the trailer, now you’re tipping the balance.

Twin turbo straight six, accident avoiding self-drive, true hybrid, an actual 6’0” bed, higher payload, those are things that would have me thinking about upgrading (in 2025+)...

Supposed to be more powerful, better graphics and Android based O.S.

Users who are viewing this thread