5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Remote Keyless Entry

Mstorch5

Reaction score
Just bought a new Ram 1500 Classic. It has power door locks but no key fobs for remote keyless entry. Can I add this feature?

FN-2187

Reaction score
Just bought a new Ram 1500 Classic. It has power door locks but no key fobs for remote keyless entry. Can I add this feature?
This may not be the correct forum to ask since it is a 5th Gen forum but I am pretty new here too so I may be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the build and price site, power windows/locks also comes bundled with keyless entry, even on the most basic Tradesman Classic. I don't even see an option for one without the others.
Screenshot_20210909-225611_Samsung Internet.jpg

FN-2187

Reaction score
Sorry , I’m ignorant, what is AlphaOBD?
It is an app. So you can tell the truck to activate the keyless. It also allows you to change other things on the truck like tire size and stuff. You can also use a Tazer DT.

I learned about these things by using Google.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can also use a Tazer DT.
No, not for what he wants to do. Tazer cannot pull the PIN from the RF Hub, program the fob, or reset the RF Hub, which is all required to enable remote keyless entry (and remote start) on his truck.

Mstorch5

Reaction score
No, not for what he wants to do. Tazer cannot pull the PIN from the RF Hub, program the fob, or reset the RF Hub, which is all required to enable remote keyless entry (and remote start) on his truck.
How do I know if truck is equipped with the hardware required for RKE? (Receiver, antenna,etc.) All I know is it has power door locks.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do I know if truck is equipped with the hardware required for RKE? (Receiver, antenna,etc.) All I know is it has power door locks.
All 2013+ ram trucks already have the correct rf hub that is capable of remote keyless entry. As long as the truck has power door locks, it’s just a setting in the BCM that needs to be turned on. Once a fob that has remote lock/unlock buttons is programmed to the rf hub, the feature will work.

Mstorch5

Reaction score
Thanks, one more question, what’s the difference between $40.00 key fobs on Amazon and $194.00 fobs at my friendly dealer?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, one more question, what’s the difference between $40.00 key fobs on Amazon and $194.00 fobs at my friendly dealer?
The one from the dealer are genuine mopar parts, and they will say RAM on the back. The ones from Amazon are knock offs, but work exactly the same. I suppose you could spend 5x more on them if you want…

Mstorch5

Reaction score
Are there people out there that have alphaobd that can do this for me? I am in So California

Mstorch5

Reaction score
I would like to try and do it myself but would have to start with the purchase of an android device and go from there. Would I need a harness for the 2021 Classic or would obd link plug into what I have?

Users who are viewing this thread