5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Windshield Tint Problem

sessman

Reaction score
Wow 30% is super dark for a windshield (blocking 70% of the light), I'm eager to see pics!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just spoke with the tint shop and they said it is something they have noticed just on the 20-21 rams. Little white dots they cannot clean off prior to tinting. Will let it dry and see how it is after a few days
Do you have any pictures of said dots. Where are they located? I have 2020 with ,35% on windshield and zero dots.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow 30% is super dark for a windshield (blocking 70% of the light), I'm eager to see pics!
I have 35% on mine. Most people who ride in the truck don't even notice unless I mention it. Only time I really even notice it is right as dusk when it's not dark enough for the headlights to make a difference, but dark enough you need them on for other cars to see you. Only lasts for about 20-30 minutes in the window. If it's dark out, and my LED headlights, zero issues seeing in front of me. And actually helps reduce headlight glare from oncoming cars.

90Addict

Reaction score
I have 35% on mine. Most people who ride in the truck don't even notice unless I mention it. Only time I really even notice it is right as dusk when it's not dark enough for the headlights to make a difference, but dark enough you need them on for other cars to see you. Only lasts for about 20-30 minutes in the window. If it's dark out, and my LED headlights, zero issues seeing in front of me. And actually helps reduce headlight glare from oncoming cars.
Until you go to turn. Then you crack the window 😂

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Until you go to turn. Then you crack the window 😂
Crack what window? I have 20% on front doors and 5% on rear windows and sunroof. Visibility isn't an issue. Anyone who says it isz doesn't have it done

90Addict

Reaction score
Crack what window? I have 20% on front doors and 5% on rear windows and sunroof. Visibility isn't an issue. Anyone who says it isz doesn't have it done
You also didn't say anything about tint on the windshield. Pretty sure that's what we were talking about

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You also didn't say anything about tint on the windshield. Pretty sure that's what we were talking about
35% windshield. Follow along.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-130902.png
    Screenshot_20220726-130902.png
    252.8 KB · Views: 35

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You're a smart*SS for no reason. Guess you're the only one with tint around here. Whopping 20 and 35. Outstanding
You said I didn't say anything about windshield tint but I did. I was a smart *** because you can't follow along and tried calling me out

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You're a smart*SS for no reason. Guess you're the only one with tint around here. Whopping 20 and 35. Outstanding
You even quoted the post where I said I had windshield tint and made you win smart **** comment about cracking a window.

90Addict

Reaction score
You even quoted the post where I said I had windshield tint and made you win smart **** comment about cracking a window.
You took it to heart when I said "until you go to turn and have to crack a window". Like I said previously, I have dark tint. There's times you need to crack a window going around a turn or you won't see the median. But then again, you have lighter tint. I'm not arguing with the cops. Have a splendid day

90Addict

Reaction score
I and I quoted this one. I obviously have tint so I guess your statement is false

90Addict

Reaction score
Any pics on the inside looking out? Day and night? Curious what visibility is like. Looks amazing from the outside though!
Since that pic I've had to go thru inspection so I had to remove the windshield tint. I'll send you pics tonight of my new truck. Getting it bombed out later tonight

sessman

Reaction score
Since that pic I've had to go thru inspection so I had to remove the windshield tint. I'll send you pics tonight of my new truck. Getting it bombed out later tonight
Ah that's right, sounds good! I'll post some pics of mine on Thursday as well with the 3M Crystalline 70.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I and I quoted this one. I obviously have tint so I guess your statement is false
You quoted more than just that. But hey, you want to win the internet today, it's all yours. I will bow out.

Users who are viewing this thread