5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Windshield Tint Problem

smgorham

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I went with my 2021 Lonestar and got it tinted from the same place that did my 2019 Ram. When I went to pick it up the tech informed me of some little white dots that he couldn't clean off the windshield. He told me that they have seen this specifically on the 20-21 Ram trucks and even after using a blade they don't come off. Says it is an issue with the factory glass.

Has anyone heard/seen this before? I still have a few days letting it set and dry, but I plan on going back and getting more info from the owner for sure. If the tech is BSing me, they will redo it or refund.

Please let me know if anyone can confirm/deny this.
Thanks

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got my windshield tinted, and had no problems. A data set of two (you and me) isn’t particularly reliable, but it sounds like BS to me.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my windshield tinted, and had no problems. A data set of two (you and me) isn’t particularly reliable, but it sounds like BS to me.

Yep I’m calling bs.. no white dots to be seen…

67a2109aa805308c195e50cb1304944f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I concur, first thing I did after leaving the dealer was tint every inch of glass, including the entire front windshield. Almost a year later and no issues, no dots, bubbles, etc. I would have it redone or take it elsewhere.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with mine either. I do have a crease that happened when installing the glass but it's not the glass itself. I didn't get charged so I just told them to leave it. :D

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1628531160201.png

^^^ That threw me off for a minute. I thought it was a contrail, and I thought, "I've never seen a jet make a hard turn like that before".

Then I realized it's a reflection from your dash...

smgorham

Reaction score
I just spoke with the tint shop and they said it is something they have noticed just on the 20-21 rams. Little white dots they cannot clean off prior to tinting. Will let it dry and see how it is after a few days

70runner

Reaction score
For those with tinted windshields and HUD, did the tinting affect the HUD?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
For those with tinted windshields and HUD, did the tinting affect the HUD?
Nope, not even with 50% ceramic. If anything, I can see it much better than on my dad's limited with no windshield tint.

sessman

Reaction score
Nope, not even with 50% ceramic. If anything, I can see it much better than on my dad's limited with no windshield tint.
How do you like the 50% ceramic on the windshield? I have an appointment to do mine today and worried it may be too dark...

90Addict

Reaction score
How do you like the 50% ceramic on the windshield? I have an appointment to do mine today and worried it may be too dark...
Well, did you get it tinted? 50% isn't dark at all. I'm getting mine tinted next week and am doing 30%. My second gen has 5% everywhere and 20% windshield.

sessman

Reaction score
Well, did you get it tinted? 50% isn't dark at all. I'm getting mine tinted next week and am doing 30%. My second gen has 5% everywhere and 20% windshield.
Not yet, had to cancel my appt, thinking about the 3M Crystalline 60 now...what are you getting on yours?

90Addict

Reaction score
My place quoted me $350+ tax .... What darkness are you going?
Actually just asked if he had ceramic and he does. Said 140$extra so 390$ for all glass. 5% on all doors and rear glass 30% on windshield

Spokes

Reaction score
No issues on my '22. Got it tinted at 120 miles. Sounds like a BS excuse to me.

sessman

Reaction score
Actually just asked if he had ceramic and he does. Said 140$extra so 390$ for all glass. 5% on all doors and rear glass 30% on windshield
Do you mean you asked if he had Crystalline? Send some pics of the windshield, seems dark to me but maybe not? You're talking about 30% as in it has a VLT of 30% right?

90Addict

Reaction score
Do you mean you asked if he had Crystalline? Send some pics of the windshield, seems dark to me but maybe not? You're talking about 30% as in it has a VLT of 30% right?
Not specifically crystalline but he had ceramic tint instead of just carbon. And yes 30%. Idk the technical names for it. I'll have pics tonight when it's done dropping of at 5pm tonight

Users who are viewing this thread