5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Rebel turns off and applies parking brake

jassim

Reaction score
I'm having an issue where I come to a stop, make a turn (happened left and right turns) and after turning the truck stalls, applies the parking brake, and shows a message to press the brake and hit start.
Every time this happens it starts back up. There is no pattern other than its after a turn. I first thought it was wiring but now there have been a few more reports of the exact same on the NHTSA website. Anyone find a solution to this? Its been in the dealership a few times and they dont have any codes active which means they dont know what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @jassim,

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing these stalling concerns and would like to look into this matter further. To start, can you send us a private message with the date of your latest dealer appointment? We appreciate your cooperation here.

Hannah
Ram Cares

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is something that a few people have reported problems with recently, and there are a few threads here about this. It seems to be something that affects only trucks with the Hemi etorque engine from what I've seen, and it's been speculated that it has to do with stop/start. Which engine do you have?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm having an issue where I come to a stop, make a turn (happened left and right turns) and after turning the truck stalls, applies the parking brake, and shows a message to press the brake and hit start.
Every time this happens it starts back up. There is no pattern other than its after a turn. I first thought it was wiring but now there have been a few more reports of the exact same on the NHTSA website. Anyone find a solution to this? Its been in the dealership a few times and they dont have any codes active which means they dont know what to do. https://showbox.bio/ https://tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.cool/
you have a 21 rebel,

what other things are on the truck?

changeram

Reaction score
Every time this happens it starts back up. There is no pattern other than its after a turn. I first thought it was wiring but now there have been a few more reports of the exact same on the NHTSA website. Anyone find a solution to this? Its been in the dealership a few times and they dont have any codes active which means they dont know what to do.
Sounds similar to what I have experienced.

My truck is at the dealer for 10 days now and the dealer hasn't contacted me once.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @changeram,

We're sorry to hear about your prolonged dealer visit and would like to see what we can do to assist! Please send us a private message with your vehicle's model year, mileage, as well as some additional context to start a conversation with our team. We hope to hear back!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread