5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Rebel TRX coming with standard 426CI HEMI or optional 6.2L Supercharged HEMI.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The Ram Rebel TRX concept truck debuted in September of 2016 and has since been the most widely talked about concept vehicle in Ram trucks history. The purpose of the TRX concept was to gauge public reaction and as we all know the reaction was overwhelmingly positive. In January I wrote this article talking about how the all new 2019 Ram Rebel shared a lot with the Rebel TRX concept as well as pointed out some hints Ram trucks left behind indicating a HELLCAT could be coming...

Is this a test mule for the 2021 Rebel TRX?

Today 5thGenRams can confirm that the Rebel TRX is coming for the 2021 model year. According to various sources the rumour is that the standard engine will be a 7.0L 426CI HEMI V8. Optional will be the 6.2L Supercharged HELLCAT V8.

Stay tuned to 5thGenRams as we will be breaking all the latest 2021 Ram Rebel TRX information as it becomes available.

bravo1

Reaction score
Interesting that FCA would go for a 7.0L "Hemi" motor.I say this because the current prototype truck has 575 horsepower.It is mated to a ZF-8 TorqueFlight (8HP70),automatic,with possible ZF paddleshifting capability.The current rear axle is a DynaPro-60 with EL function.The front axle is a ZF215mm axle.So going to a 7.0L motor will be interesting option if this is true. But if the 7.0L is a upgraded and a revised 6.4L in current use for the Ram 2500/3500 this could make sense,because that same motor could be used in both applications the Rebel TRX and the Ram 2500/3500.This would allow for greater towing limits in the next generation 2020 Ram 2500/3500 as well.The current 6.4L gasser is rated at 385hp/430ft of torque.To make the jump to the performance level of the Rebel TRX it would require quite a revised cyclinder head with direct injection,and new cylinder head design to get to 575 horsepower if that was the target for performance.I say this because after seeing the Rebel TRX up close,it clearly could out perform the 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor for sure.The DynaPro series axle makes this truck coupled with the BW44-44 transfer case,King Racing shocks; a very stout prerunner capable of running Cali high desert's at greater speed's than the Ford Raptor could ever substain.I mean no offense to Ford's F-150 Raptor,but the Ram Rebel TRX is just to much power,high speed handling,jumping rebound,and keeping all the wheels firmly on the ground applying the torque needed to run control speeds across open desert.The Ram truck video speeds for itself running at speeds of excess of 100 mph across open desert terrain is just to much for the Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost,10 speed.It's like Jim Morrison said when interviewed he thought that Ford F-150 Raptor was no match for the Rebel TRX.And that he never even concidered it a threat to this design..I still am in favor of the SC 6.4L,there is already alot of aftermarket for performance both from Mopar and others,for even more hp/tq..The spy picture posted here does not reflect a hood inlet for the current 6.4L SC in the current Rebel TRX design.Unless this is a prototype 7.0L which this photo clearly doesn't show.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the article made it to Fast Lane Truck.

Very thankful for this site. The commenters on their article...wow.

I can not wait for more news on this and 2021 Powerwagon.

Interesting times...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate that, thank you. Imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I saw us cited there. It's a good sign of things to come, I as well as a few others here work pretty hard to bring you guys the lastest/accurate information. It's only going to continue to get better.
263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I can say it is very appreciated. I have known of your contributers for some time, and when I saw they where here, I can say you have assembled a fine team.
Very appreciative of being able to be part of this 5th Generation of Ram Trucks.
Good job, and keep up the information, the info and your team are greatly appreciated.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Thank you Trevor Macken and Francisco Ramirez from the Ram Rebel TRX Facebook group for the photo.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1812830642341407
(if you haven’t joined, feel free - I’m the admin who created the group; I accept all invitations and out of almost 325 members, I’ve only had to block three - two for trying to sell junk)
13” travel (9” + 4”)
6” wider track
2.5” higher ride height
35” tires
Supercharged 6.2L engine

Thank you, thank you, thank you Ram. You guys absolutely nailed it! I suppose the 37s would have been a bit much, but I won’t sweat it.
No guarantee the photo isn’t a fake as Instagram isn’t exactly a reliable source, but it is plausible. Perhaps someone was sneaky at a recent dealership meeting?

This absolutely made my week! E2319A5E-1866-4C22-BD00-DCAA9CD1E506.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread