5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Bighorn Power Tailgate

taxihacker

Reaction score
Question I have 21ram big horn I don’t have power tailgate option?? Is it live do I just have to buy a remote with power tailgate button on it and have dealer program it?? Or do I have to buy a module and have that installed too thanks

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will need a new remote and have it programmed by the dealer. Also, AlfaOBD to enable it in theBCM.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AlfaOBD is software you need to make changes in the BCM. Also, you would need a bypass cable to be able to program the BCM.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question I have 21ram big horn I don’t have power tailgate option?? Is it live do I just have to buy a remote with power tailgate button on it and have dealer program it?? Or do I have to buy a module and have that installed too thanks
Actually, remote tailgate release is one option that automatically “lives” in the RF Hub. All you need to do is have a fob that has the remote tailgate release button programmed, and the feature will work. No sales code needs to be added, and there is no setting for it in AlfaOBD.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Actually, remote tailgate release is one option that automatically “lives” in the RF Hub. All you need to do is have a fob that has the remote tailgate release button programmed, and the feature will work. No sales code needs to be added, and there is no setting for it in AlfaOBD.
So just buy a 5 button fob and good to go? Are the replacement fobs able to be enabled with a few button pushes, or do you still need to go through a dealer to synch them up?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to go to the dealer and have them programed. They did mine for $90.

Julio13

Reaction score
Also don’t just buy any remote I did that mistake and it was for a 2500 which does not work it has to be OHT4882056 and I had locksmith program mine works perfect just make sure your tailgate came with the damper which opens slowly it’s a small shock inside tailgate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Also don’t just buy any remote I did that mistake and it was for a 2500 which does not work it has to be OHT4882056 and I had locksmith program mine works perfect just make sure your tailgate came with the damper which opens slowly it’s a small shock inside tailgate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious of the procedure to get a new fob connected. I had to replace one on my old Nissan and you basically held a button on in the truck and on the new fob at the same time until the horn honked and the new fob was synched.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious of the procedure to get a new fob connected. I had to replace one on my old Nissan and you basically held a button on in the truck and on the new fob at the same time until the horn honked and the new fob was synched.
It doesn’t work like that. You have to have the dealer, or a locksmith with the correct equipment, program the new fob.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ther are no ways to do it yourself. It has to be a new, unused FOB and programed by the dealer or a locksmith.

Bootaggie

Reaction score
In regards to programming a 5 button fob for truck that didn’t have power tailgate; Dealer told me he has never done It nor heard of it being done.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread