5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Bighorn 5.7 Bolt On Aftermarket Muffler

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
On your 2021, have you been under it to look at the exhaust. On mine after the weld on the muffler there is exactly 1" of straight pipe at I guess 3" diameter, then it has a slight bulge to a small increase in the pipe size. Same piece of pipe, and then goes quickly into a curve. It's not a simple straight piece of pipe to cut. Does yours look like that? Thanks
I'll take a look later today when I have a minute to get under the truck and take a pic. Shouldn't be any different than my 2019.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you install yours by yourself. If so where did you cut the pipe. Some say 1" some 1 1/4" from the weld on the muffler. If you haven't done it yet, can you take some pics or video. I just ordered the oval one and Thanks for the discount code.
Kenny, does yours look different than this?

B2FAB1.jpg B2FAB2.jpg

Kenny4

Reaction score
Yes it's basically the same. Right where your saw blade is and the arrow is pointing there is a small bulge in the pipe. At 1 1/4" I'd be cutting on that bulge. My concern is if that would hinder the slip on over it and possibly cause a leak. Is the above your 19 or 21? Thanks for the pics.

puba08

Reaction score
I installed the carven on my 2020. Easy install, pita maneuvering the sawsall under the truck to make the cut, but still simple. The exhaust hangers weren’t too bad with the tool.
As for the muffler, I believe all the carven cut and clamp kits are all competitors for the new model Rams. Or so I was told. The muffler to me does not sound anything like the videos on YouTube (video with the Rebel in it). I was expecting loud, and It is much quieter than the video. On startup it sounds decent, but gets quiet after that. I had the Flowmaster Outlaw on my 4th Gen and wish I would have went with my gut and got it for this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I installed the carven on my 2020. Easy install, pita maneuvering the sawsall under the truck to make the cut, but still simple. The exhaust hangers weren’t too bad with the tool.
As for the muffler, I believe all the carven cut and clamp kits are all competitors for the new model Rams. Or so I was told. The muffler to me does not sound anything like the videos on YouTube (video with the Rebel in it). I was expecting loud, and It is much quieter than the video. On startup it sounds decent, but gets quiet after that. I had the Flowmaster Outlaw on my 4th Gen and wish I would have went with my gut and got it for this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go to a muffler shop and have them weld in an Outlaw and sell your Carven on the site, you will likely get a good portion of your money back. The Outlaw is worth it!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For those of you fighting with the rubber hangers, did you remove the block they mount to? Its been 6 months since I did mine, but I don't remember having any difficulty with those at all. I unbolted the hanger mount from the frame, and removed the rubber pieces with the exhaust off the truck.

Kenny4

Reaction score
For those of you fighting with the rubber hangers, did you remove the block they mount to? Its been 6 months since I did mine, but I don't remember having any difficulty with those at all. I unbolted the hanger mount from the frame, and removed the rubber pieces with the exhaust off the truck.
Here's a good vid showing what you suggested.

Krootz

Reaction score
Don’t trust the band clamps on the B2 Fab system. They leak. Either go to a muffler shop to weld it or just have them weld a muffler of your choice in place for way cheaper than the B2 kit.

Users who are viewing this thread