5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 2500 Laramie door speakers have no treble or mid-range

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
Both the left and right FRONT door speakers have ZERO mid-range or treble. The back door speakers, which seem the same, sound normal to me. All I get out of the front door speakers is some minimal bass. They have power because 'something' is happening. At first I thought that perhaps they were just bass only to balance out the mid and treble speakers on the dash. But I'm really not sure given how little they appear to be doing on the low end. Anybody else have this issue?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You might get more of a response through hdrams.com. Without knowing specifics of which audio system you have, it’s hard to give any specific help. You could do things like swap speakers or other “guesses”, but that’s all I can think of without knowing about your system.

tolh13

Reaction score
If it the alpine system (9 speakers) then the front door are only bass, mids and high are on the dash. back door are full range. if you have HK i believe the front door are component system and your mid and high are higher in the door.

Last edited:

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
If it the alpine system (9 speakers) then the front door are only bass, mids and high are on the dash. back door are full range. if you have HK i believe the front door are component system and your mid and high are higher in the door.
I thought that might be the case (e.g. bass only) but I just don't get the thump you'd expect to get even playing rock...which should get me more response I'd think. It's like they're on...but never really kick in with anything. I'll re-listen now with more confidence that maybe they're not broken and just bass and see what I think. Thanks for the input.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that might be the case (e.g. bass only) but I just don't get the thump you'd expect to get even playing rock...which should get me more response I'd think. It's like they're on...but never really kick in with anything. I'll re-listen now with more confidence that maybe they're not broken and just bass and see what I think. Thanks for the input.
If you or none of us know which of the three stereo options you have, how could you know whether it is functioning as intended?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have 1 of 3 systems. either it's the basic 6 speaker system / Alpine Premium 9 speaker system / or 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound system. None of us will be able to help you until you provide us with the information of which system you have.

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
You have 1 of 3 systems. either it's the basic 6 speaker system / Alpine Premium 9 speaker system / or 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound system. None of us will be able to help you until you provide us with the information of which system you have.
My window sticker says "9 Alpine speakers with subwoofer".

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
My window sticker says "9 Alpine speakers with subwoofer".

tolh13

Reaction score
Then the front doors are only bass the higher frequencies are not sent or blocked at the amp. I switched them out with so infinity reference 6x9 and it sounds tighter and less muddy to me. do a search for (9 speaker alpine) and you will find a lot of info on it from people that know much more than I do.

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
Then the front doors are only bass the higher frequencies are not sent or blocked at the amp. I switched them out with so infinity reference 6x9 and it sounds tighter and less muddy to me. do a search for (9 speaker alpine) and you will find a lot of info on it from people that know much more than I do.
Thx

Tika

Reaction score
i just got a laramie with HK system and its pretty horrid for premium sound system

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
i just got a laramie with HK system and its pretty horrid for premium sound system
Well, I'm not talking about "I think it sounds good/bad" though. I'm talking about a possible technical problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/