5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 missing rear wheel well liners...

Shamrock92

Reaction score
I simply do not get this "option" - but then again I dont get upcharging 500 dollars for an extra what - 8 gallon capacity for fuel?

Monkey see - monkey do. Ram see's Ford do this - so they do as well . You would think the great minds behind this managed economy airlines and pay toilets before taking on autos.

To me - its just another thing that should be "standard" on higher trims - like LED lights and a multi function tailgate - offer to delete at no charge...but not upcharge for it.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Ontario there is no charge for the rear wheel liners, that is also indicated “no charge” in the build and price on the Ram.ca website, I just tried to build and price the cheapest 2021 tradesman and it offered no charge for the rear wheel liners, must not be a free option for USA customers.
Chevrolet and GMC charge for the wheel liners, a lot of trucks running around without them, a few years back my die hard GM father in law had notice my Ram with the wheel liners, he then ordered his next “garbage made carefully” GMC truck with the wheel liners, it was $100 back then.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
Awesome! I didn't catch that many - I got about 25-30GD and a few Jerry shows - from 86-93. Mostly northeast - I grew up just outside NYC - but did go to Brent's last show in Tinley Park Illinois, a few in NC and some great shows in Hampton. But the bulk of mine were at Nassau/Meadowlands/Spectrum/RFK/Landover, all the easy driving east coast stuff. It was a good time to be alive :) . Got a favorite from that period? Last show ever in JFK at Philly and RFK 91 were two of mine. Funny thing is I never got an MSG show; I was in the Navy in most of those years and always seemed to be at sea whenever the MSG runs were happening. In fact I missed the first night of Hampton with tickets in hand from GD mail order because my ship was stuck in the fog in the bay; I was a pretty good swimmer and was tempted to jump the side and swim to shore, which wasn't far away, but the Chesapeake was pretty nasty back then :p
Haha man, I bet we were at some of the same shows...Hamilton Ontario, Buffalo, Rochester, Foxboro, Ithaca, Philly spectrum/JFK, RFK in DC, Hershey Park PA, Vegas, Buckeye Lake OH, Blossom OH, Hampton VA, Pittsburgh (home town), Meadow lands arena, Alpine valley. Some of most memorable shows were Hershey Park, Civic area In Pgh with Neville Bros in ‘87, RFK with Dylan backed by TP & heartbreakers, alpine valley shows, soldier Field with James Cotton. Saw them backing Dylan too- can’t remember what year tho.
First show was PGH civic arena in ‘84 (9th grade) & last show was 3 rivers stadium summer of ‘95 just shortly before jerry died. Fun times! tho often kinda blurry haha

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
In Ontario there is no charge for the rear wheel liners, that is also indicated “no charge” in the build and price on the Ram.ca website, I just tried to build and price the cheapest 2021 tradesman and it offered no charge for the rear wheel liners, must not be a free option for USA customers.
Chevrolet and GMC charge for the wheel liners, a lot of trucks running around without them, a few years back my die hard GM father in law had notice my Ram with the wheel liners, he then ordered his next “garbage made carefully” GMC truck with the wheel liners, it was $100 back then.
Haha ‘garbage made carefully’! my ex employer loved GM and I had both Chevy and GMC trucks that he bought for us and they were both very cheaply built and had numerous problems almost immediately. The most recent was a 2018 Chevy.

jth877

Reaction score
Jury is still out. It is essentially the same thing as Fluid film, both lanolin based products. It’s just thicker. Which is good and bad thing I guess. Due to its thickness It is supposedly a little more durable.

I ended up using both. I did Woolwax underneath the truck and wheel wells, and then I used fluid film in the doors and frame rails due to it’s better creeping properties. Time will tell.
I have a buddy with a lift. We split a 5gal pail of woolwax and got the pro gun. I used about a gallon including in the frame and around the wheel wells. Used about 6 cans of fluid film in the doors, inner/outer rockers and on the top of the wheel wells through the nice access points on the front inner fenders. Also used eastwoods heavy duty anti rust (cosmoline) on some raw fasteners and cast parts.

No rust as of now. Everything looks good. Woolwax still in place.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
LOL I bought a new '85 F-150 2 tone blue and white, with a 4 speed on the floor and vinyl flooring and it came WITHOUT a bumper!!!

My 2019 limited however came with the rear wheel well liners standard.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
I simply do not get this "option" - but then again I dont get upcharging 500 dollars for an extra what - 8 gallon capacity for fuel?

Monkey see - monkey do. Ram see's Ford do this - so they do as well . You would think the great minds behind this managed economy airlines and pay toilets before taking on autos.

To me - its just another thing that should be "standard" on higher trims - like LED lights and a multi function tailgate - offer to delete at no charge...but not upcharge for it.
I got the larger fuel tank on my Ram. For traveling longer distances or into remote areas it’s nice, but yes it’s overpriced for sure. I plan on keeping my truck for a while so I paid for it. Sucks to fill it at $3/gal currently.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha man, I bet we were at some of the same shows...Hamilton Ontario, Buffalo, Rochester, Foxboro, Ithaca, Philly spectrum/JFK, RFK in DC, Hershey Park PA, Vegas, Buckeye Lake OH, Blossom OH, Hampton VA, Pittsburgh (home town), Meadow lands arena, Alpine valley. Some of most memorable shows were Hershey Park, Civic area In Pgh with Neville Bros in ‘87, RFK with Dylan backed by TP & heartbreakers, alpine valley shows, soldier Field with James Cotton. Saw them backing Dylan too- can’t remember what year tho.
First show was PGH civic arena in ‘84 (9th grade) & last show was 3 rivers stadium summer of ‘95 just shortly before jerry died. Fun times! tho often kinda blurry haha
Awesome stuff man! I was at a bunch of the same places so I'm sure we crossed paths. Biggest regret is that I didn't make the trip out to Alpine in 89 - the entire run was freaking great. I'd have to think pretty hard about another 3 day run that compared. I remember the Neville brothers at I think the Meadowlands. Everything gets hazy for me - I remember Bruce and Edie Brikell and Los Lobos as other openers but I never remember where. JFK is burned into my head because not only was it a sick show, it was hotter than hell and I was about 6 "rows" from the stage and during the set break roadies came out and sprayed us all down with water, which was great, then they came back with a torching Scarlet>Fire>Estimated, and I remember big chunks of the stadium fell off and I took one of the concrete chunks home as a souvenir (still probably sitting in my mother's attic!). Last one for me was Nassau 93. After that life just seemed to get in the way :)

full

Last edited:

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
Awesome stuff man! I was at a bunch of the same places so I'm sure we crossed paths. Biggest regret is that I didn't make the trip out to Alpine in 89 - the entire run was freaking great. I'd have to think pretty hard about another 3 day run that compared. I remember the Neville brothers at I think the Meadowlands. Everything gets hazy for me - I remember Bruce and Edie Brikell and Los Lobos as other openers but I never remember where. JFK is burned into my head because not only was it a sick show, it was hotter than hell and I was about 6 "rows" from the stage and during the set break roadies came out and sprayed us all down with water, which was great, then they came back with a torching Scarlet>Fire>Estimated, and I remember big chunks of the stadium fell off and I took one of the concrete chunks home as a souvenir (still probably sitting in my mother's attic!). La
great stories man- thanks for sharing. I dig the receiver badge!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RIDICULOUS THAT THESE ARENT STANDARD!
This is pretty much the route everyone is going. And everything. About a month ago I went to install an over-the-stove microwave in one of our properties - I've used the same brand and model (GE) forever in our properties. The bracket was always a "U" shaped metal bracket that let you just butt it up against the bottom of the cabinet, and then there were 4 bolts that you drilled through the upper cabinet to hold it in place. Simple to install, simple to center. Well, in someone's infinite wisdom, they recently decided that they wanted to save 30 cents worth of metal on the bracket and a dime in bolts, so the eliminated both legs of the bracket and 2 of the 4 bolts. Now you have less wall to bolt the bracket to, you can't use the legs to center it, and now you can't pull the microwave tight evenly across the cabinets because you only have one bolt on each side. To save maybe $1 in materials. I would have gladly paid $5 extra just to have the SAME DAMNED THING instead of now having to spend all the extra time leveling and centering, and now not being able to make the microwave look flush evenly across the top.

Somebody needs to crack these knuckleheads upside their heads.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
I heard that for the 2022 model year, the front hood will now be an $800 option. 😁
Haha no doubt.
i noticed they put a cheaper spare tire under my Ram- full sized tire but clearly not same tread pattern as others.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
This is pretty much the route everyone is going. And everything. About a month ago I went to install an over-the-stove microwave in one of our properties - I've used the same brand and model (GE) forever in our properties. The bracket was always a "U" shaped metal bracket that let you just butt it up against the bottom of the cabinet, and then there were 4 bolts that you drilled through the upper cabinet to hold it in place. Simple to install, simple to center. Well, in someone's infinite wisdom, they recently decided that they wanted to save 30 cents worth of metal on the bracket and a dime in bolts, so the eliminated both legs of the bracket and 2 of the 4 bolts. Now you have less wall to bolt the bracket to, you can't use the legs to center it, and now you can't pull the microwave tight evenly across the cabinets because you only have one bolt on each side. To save maybe $1 in materials. I would have gladly paid $5 extra just to have the SAME DAMNED THING instead of now having to spend all the extra time leveling and centering, and now not being able to make the microwave look flush evenly across the top.

Somebody needs to crack these knuckleheads upside their heads.
It’s ridiculous. I noticed my spare tire is cheaper and doesn’t match the other tires. That’s a hell of a way to save a few bucks...

Users who are viewing this thread