5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 missing rear wheel well liners...

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2021 Ram big horn night edition. I had the dealer install mopar mud flaps and just noticed there are no rear wheel well liner like in the front. The holes are there along the wheel opening but no liners.
Im assuming whoever installed the flaps failed to put the orig liners back on. Without them on about 2/3‘s of the wheel well is exposed to debris and water.
Can anyone confirm If this truck should have the plastic liners In the rear?
-thanks.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
The full wheel well liners are an option.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thanks. Damn that’s crazy! All kinds of debris, road salt will just fly right past the top of mud flap and settle between the flap and tail lights- it’s completely open!
I’m surprised this isn’t standard equip on all new trucks especially with the rust issues they had not that long ago...and how much these trucks cost....

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might be standard on the limited but not the Laramie either. $195 for those but others have bought aftermarket ones that seem to be more rugged.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. I got the factory liners from the dealer and installed them myself, I had no complaints about them.
My 2500...the factory liners leave much to be desired from what I've seen so I ended up going aftermarket.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

saylor

Reaction score
Thanks. Damn that’s crazy! All kinds of debris, road salt will just fly right past the top of mud flap and settle between the flap and tail lights- it’s completely open!
I’m surprised this isn’t standard equip on all new trucks especially with the rust issues they had not that long ago...and how much these trucks cost....
x27million

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep. Ridiculous, ain’t it?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ford has been doing that for a while now with the F-150s. Ram just took a page out of their playbook.

Its a bit ridiculous, yes, but not surprising.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They were an option...my Rebel didn't have them but I ordered from the dealer and had them do the install. Got a good price so was worth it.

Priceless409

Reaction score
Fully agree, with the prices of these truck’s and Ram/ Dodge’s previous reputation of rusting out it’s absolutely ridiculous that they don’t come as standard equipment. Especially considering what will happen to these trucks in a few years in salted road snow belt areas without them.

With that said I installed the Rough Country liners on my 21 and have been very happy. Prior to installation I sprayed the inner fender wells with Woolwax for extra protection.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
Fully agree, with the prices of these truck’s and Ram/ Dodge’s previous reputation of rusting out it’s absolutely ridiculous that they don’t come as standard equipment. Especially considering what will happen to these trucks in a few years in salted road snow belt areas without them.

With that said I installed the Rough Country liners on my 21 and have been very happy. Prior to installation I sprayed the inner fender wells with Woolwax for extra protection.
Saw a place near me in Pittsburgh who offered Woolwax. Is it better than fluid film in your opinion?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I think selling these trucks without a wheel liner is a real black eye to RAM. If you don't have the liners, power wash the entire wheel housing. Then use bedliner spray on all the painted surfaces.
This will make your truck look proper and protect all the metal from chips and rust etc. I used this on the bottom of my factory power running boards. Looks great.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
I think selling these trucks without a wheel liner is a real black eye to RAM. If you don't have the liners, power wash the entire wheel housing. Then use bedliner spray on all the painted surfaces.
This will make your truck look proper and protect all the metal from chips and rust etc. I used this on the bottom of my factory power running boards. Looks great.
Agreed, I was shocked when I saw it missing. My Ram sticker price was around $54k and I’m thinking you gotta be kidding me- that’s a hell of a way to cut corners/save money.

Priceless409

Reaction score
Saw a place near me in Pittsburgh who offered Woolwax. Is it better than fluid film in your opinion?
Jury is still out. It is essentially the same thing as Fluid film, both lanolin based products. It’s just thicker. Which is good and bad thing I guess. Due to its thickness It is supposedly a little more durable.

I ended up using both. I did Woolwax underneath the truck and wheel wells, and then I used fluid film in the doors and frame rails due to it’s better creeping properties. Time will tell.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
It's not just Ram, Ford does the same thing. Ford charges $180 for wheel well liners.

Jackpot50

Reaction score
Fords are same way!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a thread on here somewhere on installing the Rough Country wheel well liners, because I agree that not having well liners sucks. The Rough Country ones are good quality and an easy install and were well worth the money.

Mtnsurf20

Reaction score
I have a thread on here somewhere on installing the Rough Country wheel well liners, because I agree that not having well liners sucks. The Rough Country ones are good quality and an easy install and were well worth the money.
I’ll probably pick up a set of the rough country liners ASAP. Hope they’ll work with the mopar mud flaps I bought.
Cool avatar by the way- I saw about 50 GD/JGB shows between 84-95

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll probably pick up a set of the rough country liners ASAP. Hope they’ll work with the mopar mud flaps I bought.
Cool avatar by the way- I saw about 50 GD/JGB shows between 84-95
Awesome! I didn't catch that many - I got about 25-30GD and a few Jerry shows - from 86-93. Mostly northeast - I grew up just outside NYC - but did go to Brent's last show in Tinley Park Illinois, a few in NC and some great shows in Hampton. But the bulk of mine were at Nassau/Meadowlands/Spectrum/RFK/Landover, all the easy driving east coast stuff. It was a good time to be alive :) . Got a favorite from that period? Last show ever in JFK at Philly and RFK 91 were two of mine. Funny thing is I never got an MSG show; I was in the Navy in most of those years and always seemed to be at sea whenever the MSG runs were happening. In fact I missed the first night of Hampton with tickets in hand from GD mail order because my ship was stuck in the fog in the bay; I was a pretty good swimmer and was tempted to jump the side and swim to shore, which wasn't far away, but the Chesapeake was pretty nasty back then :p

Users who are viewing this thread