5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Limited w/ 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

jayeduke

Reaction score
Hey All - First off thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum. From getting a good deal on my truck to learning how to level my truck I have found so much valuable information here.

It took me a bit of research to see determine how I could fit 35's on my truck and if I could do it with the stock 22" wheels so I thought I might post this to help others out in my position.

This is a 2021 Ram Limited 1500 Night Edition. No off road package and of course it has Air Suspension.

For those who don't know there are fewer lifting options for this truck due to the air suspension. Please make sure if you are looking at lift kits that you validate that it works with the air suspension model.

I ended up going with the Revel Performance Links on the front with the Daystar Spacers. The links take under 10 minutes to install. Super easy, super simple and you do get drivable results and a close to level truck. We instantly liked the stance of the truck better once the links were on. The links essentially inflate your airbags on the front to give you a higher ride height. So you are driving with air bags that are inflated on the front end the entire time making the drive not as smooth. To fix this you can then install the daystar spacers and that compresses the air bags back down bringing your ride very close to stock with the desired leveled appearance. The spacers took me about 5 hours. 3 Hours for the first side and about 1 hour and 45 minutes on the other side. Others have reportedly done it much quicker. This was my first time doing this kind of work so I took my time.

I only installed the front spacers and the front links. I did not install rear links. I have them so I will probably list them for sale on this forum eventually.

Today I put the 35x12.5xR22 Nitto Ridge Terra Grapplers on her. She would rub at full turn in Entry/exit mode but she does not rub in any other modes. I rarely use entry/exit mode so I simply don't mind that issue. Discount tire was happy to fit one of the tires on at no cost to ensure I was happy with it and the clearance wasn't an issue.

Is it louder? Sure. Is it as loud as other tires in this category, defiantly not. These tires run about 500 each currently so its not a cheap jump.

Overall I am very happy with the end result.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them.

EB0FB412-E026-4163-B272-F075EDE791D9_1_105_c.jpeg A0F07CBF-4257-45D3-B7B9-FDCE8C76275E_1_105_c.jpeg 15CC438B-7F94-4054-92AF-8D354649F630_1_105_c.jpeg

flareside

Reaction score
Love the look of your truck (y)

How does the link/spacer lift work with the air suspension? I'm considering ordering a new Limited but not sure that I want to deal with having to set the suspension to a certain mode all the time. Can you just leave it in normal ride height mode all the time and just have it stay there, or does it auto adjust?

jayeduke

Reaction score
Love the look of your truck (y)

How does the link/spacer lift work with the air suspension? I'm considering ordering a new Limited but not sure that I want to deal with having to set the suspension to a certain mode all the time. Can you just leave it in normal ride height mode all the time and just have it stay there, or does it auto adjust?

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

So on the Limited you have OR1, OR2, Normal, Aero, Entry Exit.

The truck automatically adjusts the ride heights depending on the speed in which you are traveling. For instance the truck looks great in Off Road 1 but it adjusts down to Normal Ride Height at 25mph I believe.

While in normal if you hit 66mph then the truck goes to Aero mode.

To directly answer your questions the answer is yes for the most part. I set mine to Normal and leave it there. When I get on the highway it automatically goes to Aero when I hit 66 but then will go back to Normal when I slow back down. So essentially you don't have to manage it if you don't want to.

After the level kit all the modes do work properly as long as you do the daystar spacers. Without the spacers OR2 doesn't work or so I have been told.

Hopefully this helps answer your question. Let me know if you have any additional.

Thanks

Jay

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got some 33's for my truck whenever it gets here, but now that I'm going to level kinda wish I went with 35's.
Your truck looks great.

flareside

Reaction score
Jay, that's super helpful, thanks! Sounds like it's pretty much set and forget unless you want to change it.

2talltexan

Reaction score
Hey All - First off thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum. From getting a good deal on my truck to learning how to level my truck I have found so much valuable information here.

It took me a bit of research to see determine how I could fit 35's on my truck and if I could do it with the stock 22" wheels so I thought I might post this to help others out in my position.

This is a 2021 Ram Limited 1500 Night Edition. No off road package and of course it has Air Suspension.

For those who don't know there are fewer lifting options for this truck due to the air suspension. Please make sure if you are looking at lift kits that you validate that it works with the air suspension model.

I ended up going with the Revel Performance Links on the front with the Daystar Spacers. The links take under 10 minutes to install. Super easy, super simple and you do get drivable results and a close to level truck. We instantly liked the stance of the truck better once the links were on. The links essentially inflate your airbags on the front to give you a higher ride height. So you are driving with air bags that are inflated on the front end the entire time making the drive not as smooth. To fix this you can then install the daystar spacers and that compresses the air bags back down bringing your ride very close to stock with the desired leveled appearance. The spacers took me about 5 hours. 3 Hours for the first side and about 1 hour and 45 minutes on the other side. Others have reportedly done it much quicker. This was my first time doing this kind of work so I took my time.

I only installed the front spacers and the front links. I did not install rear links. I have them so I will probably list them for sale on this forum eventually.

Today I put the 35x12.5xR22 Nitto Ridge Terra Grapplers on her. She would rub at full turn in Entry/exit mode but she does not rub in any other modes. I rarely use entry/exit mode so I simply don't mind that issue. Discount tire was happy to fit one of the tires on at no cost to ensure I was happy with it and the clearance wasn't an issue.

Is it louder? Sure. Is it as loud as other tires in this category, defiantly not. These tires run about 500 each currently so its not a cheap jump.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them.

View attachment 105233 View attachment 105234 View attachment 105235
Jay - IMO your truck is perfect. As you can see in my signature, I've got a '22 granite crystal night edition on order and I'd like to replicate your set up (revel+daystar, 35x12.5x22 Ridge Grapplers). Hoping you can answer a couple of questions.

Now that you've been driving it for almost a month, have you run into any issues or rubbing that you didn't notice before?

Do you know the height of the top of your antenna fin in normal ride height? I still need mine to fit in my garage and the garage at work.

Did you also consider the 285/55r22 tire size or some other similar size before deciding on the 35x12.5x22s?

Mike

Zjonesie

Reaction score
Im interested as well for what 2talltexan has asked.

Any control arm rub issues with the 35x12.5 and factory wheels?

I have the same kit coming and got the lift links in the rear. May not need them as you didn't. I'm just torn between 35x12.50R22 or 285/55R22. I may just get the 12.5's and get some wheel spacers.

Last edited:

bmoremd21053

Reaction score
Hey

jayeduke:​

Any chance you can share the links for the Revel Performance Links on the front with the Daystar Spacers? Knowing me, I will buy the wrong thing, it will sit in the garage for a few months, and then I sell in a marketplace. Truck looks awesome by the way.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Hey

jayeduke:​

Any chance you can share the links for the Revel Performance Links on the front with the Daystar Spacers? Knowing me, I will buy the wrong thing, it will sit in the garage for a few months, and then I sell in a marketplace. Truck looks awesome by the way.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

So on the Limited you have OR1, OR2, Normal, Aero, Entry Exit.

The truck automatically adjusts the ride heights depending on the speed in which you are traveling. For instance the truck looks great in Off Road 1 but it adjusts down to Normal Ride Height at 25mph I believe.

While in normal if you hit 66mph then the truck goes to Aero mode.

To directly answer your questions the answer is yes for the most part. I set mine to Normal and leave it there. When I get on the highway it automatically goes to Aero when I hit 66 but then will go back to Normal when I slow back down. So essentially you don't have to manage it if you don't want to.

After the level kit all the modes do work properly as long as you do the daystar spacers. Without the spacers OR2 doesn't work or so I have been told.

Hopefully this helps answer your question. Let me know if you have any additional.

Thanks

Jay
Can you post a few picks looking down the side…? How far out do they stick and are you using any spacers ? Thanks.

JoeyGster

Reaction score
That looks awesome brother....I've been trying to find someone who's gone this route forever. That's what I'd like to do when I upgrade to the 5th Gen. The black 22's are a gorgeous wheel.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score

These are my favourite wheels on this truck.

2012 4th gen SXT crew Hemi retired.
Factory ordered 2021 Rebel Billet Silver Metallic EcoDiesel March 10, built May 18, build sheet May 19, window sticker May 22, delivered June 9. Dutchmen 268bhs 33’ trailer, 7600lbs +/- 100lbs loaded and scaled.

Rkm25

Reaction score

Trucks looks great! I have the 21 Night Edition with air ride too and looking to do the same. The big question is are you running a 3.92 or 3.21 rear? I have the 3.21 and have some concerns about how well the truck will do at 75mph. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Roddog2220

Reaction score

so those are stock rims, do you think a better offset would stop the rubbing, and did you try any fitment before any suspension work?

jayeduke

Reaction score
Sorry Guys -

I have been swamped with work and just didn't get back to this site for a bit. I will run thru your questions and reply. Sorry for the delay.

jayeduke

Reaction score
Jay - IMO your truck is perfect. As you can see in my signature, I've got a '22 granite crystal night edition on order and I'd like to replicate your set up (revel+daystar, 35x12.5x22 Ridge Grapplers). Hoping you can answer a couple of questions.

Now that you've been driving it for almost a month, have you run into any issues or rubbing that you didn't notice before?

Do you know the height of the top of your antenna fin in normal ride height? I still need mine to fit in my garage and the garage at work.

Did you also consider the 285/55r22 tire size or some other similar size before deciding on the 35x12.5x22s?

Mike

Hey Mike - Sorry for the delay. It rubs the slightest bit on full turn in Entry Exit/Normal but its so minor I have not even cared enough to go trim or reform any of the plastic.

Its about 84" high from Antenna to the ground.

I considered many different sizes and spent A LONG time looking at different sizes on different trucks online and in person when I ran across them. I always just leaned towards the 35's. I am sure a slightly smaller tire would still look amazing and may reduce that little bit of rub.

Hope this helps and post some pics of your truck when you finish up!

Thanks

jayeduke

Reaction score
Im interested as well for what 2talltexan has asked.

Any control arm rub issues with the 35x12.5 and factory wheels?

I have the same kit coming and got the lift links in the rear. May not need them as you didn't. I'm just torn between 35x12.50R22 or 285/55R22. I may just get the 12.5's and get some wheel spacers.
So I installed the links and daystar spacers and then I put the tires on the 22's so I don't know how it would perform without those links and spacers. I have rear links as well but didn't see a reason to install.

Hope this helps

jayeduke

Reaction score
Can you post a few picks looking down the side…? How far out do they stick and are you using any spacers ? Thanks.

Daystar Spacers and they don't stick out at all on the stock 22's. I wish they did just a tad but it doesn't bother me enough to spend 2k on new wheels lol. I would love to get the fuel assaults but I am so happy with the current build I have no reason to spend the extra cash.

Attachments

• IMG_6175.jpg
    IMG_6175.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 154

Users who are viewing this thread