5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Limited w/ 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

jayeduke

Reaction score
That looks awesome brother....I've been trying to find someone who's gone this route forever. That's what I'd like to do when I upgrade to the 5th Gen. The black 22's are a gorgeous wheel.

Man .. The wife and I almost went with that Ivory color instead of the Black... but in the end I stayed with black. love the look of your truck as well. Very nice.

jayeduke

Reaction score
Trucks looks great! I have the 21 Night Edition with air ride too and looking to do the same. The big question is are you running a 3.92 or 3.21 rear? I have the 3.21 and have some concerns about how well the truck will do at 75mph. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I went with the 3.21 as well. No issues. The family and I just came back from our trip to Colorado and drove 85 the entire way. Drives like a dream.

jayeduke

Reaction score
so those are stock rims, do you think a better offset would stop the rubbing, and did you try any fitment before any suspension work?
I think something with a negative offset would prevent the rubbing. The fuel assaults have a -19 Offset and that may be enough to prevent any and all rubbing. They run about 2k for a set of 4. I am sure there are cheaper ones out there that would do the job though.

I did enough research that I was pretty confident that I couldn't fit 35's without a bit of leveling so no I did not try anything prior to doing the daystar spacers and the revel performance links.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think something with a negative offset would prevent the rubbing. The fuel assaults have a -19 Offset and that may be enough to prevent any and all rubbing. They run about 2k for a set of 4. I am sure there are cheaper ones out there that would do the job though.

I did enough research that I was pretty confident that I couldn't fit 35's without a bit of leveling so no I did not try anything prior to doing the daystar spacers and the revel performance links.
I have fuel contra 22x10 -19 with 33x11.50’s and a 3” lift. There’s no way I could fit 35’s without rubbing the stock rear mudflap thingy. I have 5/16” clearance right now, and that’s with the 3” front lift.

Domt1775

Reaction score
How’s the new setup affected your MPG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcp6530

Reaction score
my 305/45/22 ridge grapplers rub a bit on full turns
; just had to adjust a little, no cutting - yet on a 2021 limited.

mcp6530

Reaction score
Im interested as well for what 2talltexan has asked.

Any control arm rub issues with the 35x12.5 and factory wheels?

I have the same kit coming and got the lift links in the rear. May not need them as you didn't. I'm just torn between 35x12.50R22 or 285/55R22. I may just get the 12.5's and get some wheel spacers.
which did you choose? I'm trying to stick with XL tires (p rated) and not the LT's as they just seem louder and harder to me. Options are very limited unless you go to LT though. :(

bmoremd21053

Reaction score
Hey All - First off thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum. From getting a good deal on my truck to learning how to level my truck I have found so much valuable information here.

It took me a bit of research to see determine how I could fit 35's on my truck and if I could do it with the stock 22" wheels so I thought I might post this to help others out in my position.

This is a 2021 Ram Limited 1500 Night Edition. No off road package and of course it has Air Suspension.

For those who don't know there are fewer lifting options for this truck due to the air suspension. Please make sure if you are looking at lift kits that you validate that it works with the air suspension model.

I ended up going with the Revel Performance Links on the front with the Daystar Spacers. The links take under 10 minutes to install. Super easy, super simple and you do get drivable results and a close to level truck. We instantly liked the stance of the truck better once the links were on. The links essentially inflate your airbags on the front to give you a higher ride height. So you are driving with air bags that are inflated on the front end the entire time making the drive not as smooth. To fix this you can then install the daystar spacers and that compresses the air bags back down bringing your ride very close to stock with the desired leveled appearance. The spacers took me about 5 hours. 3 Hours for the first side and about 1 hour and 45 minutes on the other side. Others have reportedly done it much quicker. This was my first time doing this kind of work so I took my time.

I only installed the front spacers and the front links. I did not install rear links. I have them so I will probably list them for sale on this forum eventually.

Today I put the 35x12.5xR22 Nitto Ridge Terra Grapplers on her. She would rub at full turn in Entry/exit mode but she does not rub in any other modes. I rarely use entry/exit mode so I simply don't mind that issue. Discount tire was happy to fit one of the tires on at no cost to ensure I was happy with it and the clearance wasn't an issue.

Is it louder? Sure. Is it as loud as other tires in this category, defiantly not. These tires run about 500 each currently so its not a cheap jump.

Overall I am very happy with the end result.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them.

View attachment 105233 View attachment 105234 View attachment 105235
IMG_0940.jpg IMG_0992.jpg

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this completely stock with no leveling or lift? Those tires look super stuffed in there..
no, it's been modified. though he listed the tire price but not the price of the links or spacers (but a quick search should yield that).

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
no, it's been modified. though he listed the tire price but not the price of the links or spacers (but a quick search should yield that).
What? I didn’t ask about prices of anything lol. I have revel links already. I was just saying those look like 37’s or you don’t have much lift because they look really really tight in there.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Hey All - First off thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum. From getting a good deal on my truck to learning how to level my truck I have found so much valuable information here.

It took me a bit of research to see determine how I could fit 35's on my truck and if I could do it with the stock 22" wheels so I thought I might post this to help others out in my position.

This is a 2021 Ram Limited 1500 Night Edition. No off road package and of course it has Air Suspension.

For those who don't know there are fewer lifting options for this truck due to the air suspension. Please make sure if you are looking at lift kits that you validate that it works with the air suspension model.

I ended up going with the Revel Performance Links on the front with the Daystar Spacers. The links take under 10 minutes to install. Super easy, super simple and you do get drivable results and a close to level truck. We instantly liked the stance of the truck better once the links were on. The links essentially inflate your airbags on the front to give you a higher ride height. So you are driving with air bags that are inflated on the front end the entire time making the drive not as smooth. To fix this you can then install the daystar spacers and that compresses the air bags back down bringing your ride very close to stock with the desired leveled appearance. The spacers took me about 5 hours. 3 Hours for the first side and about 1 hour and 45 minutes on the other side. Others have reportedly done it much quicker. This was my first time doing this kind of work so I took my time.

I only installed the front spacers and the front links. I did not install rear links. I have them so I will probably list them for sale on this forum eventually.

Today I put the 35x12.5xR22 Nitto Ridge Terra Grapplers on her. She would rub at full turn in Entry/exit mode but she does not rub in any other modes. I rarely use entry/exit mode so I simply don't mind that issue. Discount tire was happy to fit one of the tires on at no cost to ensure I was happy with it and the clearance wasn't an issue.

Is it louder? Sure. Is it as loud as other tires in this category, defiantly not. These tires run about 500 each currently so its not a cheap jump.

Overall I am very happy with the end result.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them.

View attachment 105233 View attachment 105234 View attachment 105235
How much clearance do you have from the inside of the tire to the upper ball joint area? It looks like some have to use a wheel socket because it hits there? I havnt ears of anyone with the oem 22’s having to do that so hopefully the offset on the 22’s make it so you don’t have to run a spacer. My new truck will be here in a week and I have the 35x12.50x22 nittos waiting with revel leveling links. Not sure if I wanna do the day star or not. I heard you have to let air out of the bags and then get them filled again which is expensive? What did you do with soccer install with letting air out to insert the spacer.

Reaction score
Daystar Spacers make the ride back to factory. I ran my last Ram for a week without the Daystars and it was rougher. The bags have to inflate to reach normal ride height and causes a more like OR1 or OR2 feel. If you lower the truck to exit/entry mode and remove bags to fit Daystar pucks, you only lose a little air. They say the system can be released up to 4 or 5 times before it will be in need of a recharge. Hope that helps.

bmoremd21053

Reaction score
Bmoremd,, what size are these? Same leveling kit? And what mode are these pics taken in?
They are 35" 12.5 22, and I used the Daystar leveling Kit. This is in 'Aero' mode (2 up out of 5). The tires look smaller because of 22's, but still looks good.

In2h2o

Reaction score
How much clearance do you have from the inside of the tire to the upper ball joint area? It looks like some have to use a wheel socket because it hits there? I havnt ears of anyone with the oem 22’s having to do that so hopefully the offset on the 22’s make it so you don’t have to run a spacer. My new truck will be here in a week and I have the 35x12.50x22 nittos waiting with revel leveling links. Not sure if I wanna do the day star or not. I heard you have to let air out of the bags and then get them filled again which is expensive? What did you do with soccer install with letting air out to insert the spacer.
Im in love with the picture of your truck. How did the new 35x12.5 tires work? Is there rubbing? Last question, what is the offset difference between the 20 inch and 22 inch rims?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Im in love with the picture of your truck. How did the new 35x12.5 tires work? Is there rubbing? Last question, what is the offset difference between the 20 inch and 22 inch rims?
Did you mean to message the OP? Funny enough I did get my tires installed. No rubbing from what I can see? Sorry I don’t know the offset of stock wheels. Live the look, it has the exact stance I wanted. It has window tint installed now and the Borla ATAK also.
ED9A06E6-D7B8-4AD1-B708-3F9F1F97C655.jpeg

fubar414

Reaction score
Did you mean to message the OP? Funny enough I did get my tires installed. No rubbing from what I can see? Sorry I don’t know the offset of stock wheels. Live the look, it has the exact stance I wanted. It has window tint installed now and the Borla ATAK also.
View attachment 131409
offset of Stock 22" wheels are +19, i believe 20" are the same, but cannot confirm that.

Users who are viewing this thread