5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Front Park sense Reset

El trucker

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently installed a bull bumper on my 2021 Ram 1500 and apparently I had to relocate my front parking sensors but the kit I ordered wasn't the exact kit so I drove my truck like that for a couple of days while I waited for the New kit to come in, every time I stopped it dinged at me that something was close to me but it was the bull bumper that was in the way of the sensors but now that I got the right kit installed seems like they're not sensing movement anymore does anybody know how to reset the front parking sensors I'm not getting any dings as it was obnoxiously dinging like crazy every time I stopped while I was driving.

Attachments

• IMG_20220325_144747994~2.jpg
    IMG_20220325_144747994~2.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 22

CCA

Reaction score
Is it possible the wires were pulled to hard & shorted? This would be the first time I've seen a request for a reset on that particular piece of equipment but anythings possible nowadays I'm sure, Ill speak to our self claiming "master" mechanic lol and see what he says. Ill call him now to see if he's available.

CCA

Reaction score
Alright he gave me 3 possible solutions/problems.
1. Is the dash showing you a error message, "Service Parking Sensors or Sensors Unavailable" If so, its a wiring issue most likely
2. Ive def thought it was broke before and it actually just be turned off lol, but have you checked to see if its turned on? should be a button in the center column ( seeing that your doing your own work, I hope to not insult your intelligence as you may have checked this already. Sometimes the simple things are the easiest to forget)
3. I don't see any paint or anything, but a thick layer of dust or paint can stop the sensors from working entirely if its over the thickness threshold

JohnTheBaptist

Reaction score
I got a “late” start in and to this thread (as it is presently May 2024.)

I am still posting anyway, just in case some “future” RAM 1500 people may need some help.

I purchased the Westin Westin HDX Grille Guard (and Winch) from www.westinautomotive.com

I also purchased the Sensor relocation kit (from Westin) - as the Guard tray totally Blocks 🙅‍♂️the front parking sensors.

The part number for the RAM 1500 is -
  1. 40-0045S
(See attached photos, and/or download the instructions/install files, directly from the Westin web site).👍

Overall, all went well with the Grille Bar installation, except for the sensor relocation - as it seems that the RAM computer is somewhat now “confused” - but I think this just a matter of moving the sensors around, till it [they] get back in “Sync.” (Maybe??)🤷‍♂️

Right now, with this guard you have to relocate the sensors at least 12 inches [vertically] “upward” 👆 (on the Bar).

I believe the relocation of the sensors (this high) really knocks the sensors “Out of Alignment.”😵‍💫

The Westin instructions say to mount the sensors around 12 inches apart from one another (horizontally), on the bar itself.

Mine I did about 16 inches apart (which may be a part of my problem).🥵

I’m going to first:
1) Point the sensors “downward” to see if that will work, or

2) Move them to the 12 inch separation (mentioned in the Westin instructions).

Hopefully 🙏, one of these methods will work (to get my front sensors working, again).

I will report back here (whenever [or whatever] works).👍

PS - if anyone else other there has gotten there Relocation to work then please let me know (as far as the BEST place to put these).

Attachments

• IMG_8528.jpeg
    IMG_8528.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread