5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM 1500 Laramie failed to accelerate

westy1

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this problem? 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie, eTorque V6, 8 speed transmission, 2500 miles. While trying to accelerate onto an expressway ramp, the truck would not accelerate past about 40 mph. It jerked like it was jumping between gears, tach needle going all over the place, no Check Engine light! I turned on the warning lights, limped about a half mile until I could safely pull over ( I was in a highly dangerous situation), turned off the truck. Restarted it, crossed my fingers, and accelerated back into traffic. Have not experienced the problem since.
The computer geek in me thinks that the computer controlling the transmission had a glitch but just a guess.
Dealer says since Check Engine light didn't come on, they won't be able to diagnose anything- not very satisfying.......

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this problem? 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie, eTorque V6, 8 speed transmission, 2500 miles. While trying to accelerate onto an expressway ramp, the truck would not accelerate past about 40 mph. It jerked like it was jumping between gears, tach needle going all over the place, no Check Engine light! I turned on the warning lights, limped about a half mile until I could safely pull over ( I was in a highly dangerous situation), turned off the truck. Restarted it, crossed my fingers, and accelerated back into traffic. Have not experienced the problem since.
The computer geek in me thinks that the computer controlling the transmission had a glitch but just a guess.
Dealer says since Check Engine light didn't come on, they won't be able to diagnose anything- not very satisfying.......
They should be able to see if there were any stored codes. Not all faults trigger the check engine light.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Corroded ECM connector…? That might be an outdated thought thou I don’t know much about all the new tech stuff

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had it happen when I pulled out onto a main road. The Truck
would barely move out of its own way. I pulled into another parking
lot, shut down and restarted. The Truck drove fine after that.
2021 1500 Laramie Built 1st week in November. I have also had
the 12" infotainment lock up after a shutdown. After sitting at work
for the Day it started working again. Now, the Rear Parking Sensors
have failed

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread