5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 etorque 5.7l P0DAF

21Ram1500ET

Reaction score
Well everyone I have the P0daf code again. This is the second time it has been to the dealer. First time they said software update would fix it. Code is back on again and I have no problems starting or running. I also have a problem with the outside air temp reading crazy. Out side temp here is 30's and air temp says 118 on dash. Anyone have any advice on either what to do about the code or air temp reading.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We can understand your frustration with this unforeseen circumstance. We would like to help with this matter. Please private message us with additional information, so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well everyone I have the P0daf code again. This is the second time it has been to the dealer. First time they said software update would fix it. Code is back on again and I have no problems starting or running. I also have a problem with the outside air temp reading crazy. Out side temp here is 30's and air temp says 118 on dash. Anyone have any advice on either what to do about the code or air temp reading.
Someone else reports replacing the 12V battery for that code.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
My dealer told me that there was a flash they could do to the system that sometimes corrects the problem or they would have to replace the etorque battery at a quoted price of about 4K. It’s covered under the emissions 8/80k warranty which they realized after I mentioned that to them and said they would replace it under warranty on mine but the code needs to be active. In the week and a half it took for my appointment my code wasn’t active anymore and was stored instead.
I’ve driven on a 10 hour road trip since then and back and haven’t had the error come back yet again.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My dealer told me that there was a flash they could do to the system that sometimes corrects the problem or they would have to replace the etorque battery at a quoted price of about 4K. It’s covered under the emissions 8/80k warranty which they realized after I mentioned that to them and said they would replace it under warranty on mine but the code needs to be active. In the week and a half it took for my appointment my code wasn’t active anymore and was stored instead.
I’ve driven on a 10 hour road trip since then and back and haven’t had the error come back yet again.
Might want to go to a differnet dealer if it comes back.
Not knowing eTorque is covered under emissions warranty, and a quoted price of 4k when the job is nowhere near that.
The battery is behind the rear seat and it's MSRP is just under $1500....

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I think most of the dealers in metro Atlanta are clueless. I’ve been to at least 5 of them. All going to a different one does is makes it harder for me to get to and from them as they get further and further away from my house.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think most of the dealers in metro Atlanta are clueless. I’ve been to at least 5 of them. All going to a different one does is makes it harder for me to get to and from them as they get further and further away from my house.
In the same boat as you. Sucks that only dealerships can do warranty work

Users who are viewing this thread