5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Limited with Transmission slam when ecostart goes off and then back on

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Have had this since day one as well. I think I tend to relax the foot while at lights in auto stop mode. Also, noticed on this thread that it is mostly the 392 gears that are affected.

U

User_3336

Have had this since day one as well. I think I tend to relax the foot while at lights in auto stop mode. Also, noticed on this thread that it is mostly the 392 gears that are affected.
How do you "relax your foot" at stop lights? Your foot IS on the brake pedal, right?

I have the 3.92 gear ratio, I have no "slam"...

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have any of these problems.

Of course. That's right. I bought a truck with a time proven design that has been working for about a century now. It has a Naturally Aspirated V8 Internal Combustion engine. No electric whiz bangs and it stays running until I hit the button to shut it off.

It is very eco friendly too. It runs on recycled dinosaurs. Lots of them. Whole herds a trip lots.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you "relax your foot" at stop lights? Your foot IS on the brake pedal, right?

I have the 3.92 gear ratio, I have no "slam"...
Instead of full brake pressure, you back off just enough to keep the vehicle from moving. However, if eTorque kicks in you could possibly roll forward.

Rocket

Reaction score
I have a 2021 etorque that has the same problem. Truck rolls forward about one rotation of the wheel each time on startup after an auto stop. The dealer so far has claimed that it’s not a known problem. I have learned to live with it, but my wife refuses to drive my truck. Maybe that should be motivation enough for me not to track down a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread