5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 laramie crew cab startup noises

C012mill

Reaction score
So if you guys listen (around the 10 sec mark) you will hear a noise that my truck is making when I start it. I am not putting it in gear, just staying in park. I took the truck to my local dealer because the auto start stop light came on. When I picked the truck up it started making this noise when it started. I have taken the truck back twice and they can't seem to fix it. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like the normal startup sequence for the most part, minus that loud metallic clank. Is that what you’re referencing?

C012mill

Reaction score
Sounds like the normal startup sequence for the most part, minus that loud metallic clank. Is that what you’re referencing?
Yes that noise is what I'm referring to. It happens once (loudly) then you can hear it do it a few more times. Any idea what that could be?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like an actuator cycling, maybe for the transfer case? How many miles on the truck, and how long have you had it?

karlbtx

Reaction score
I have same noises... 2021 with 40K miles . What do we think .. anything to be worried about ?

Users who are viewing this thread