5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting to see V8 GVWR is down slightly to 6,900 lbs from the WD’s 7,100 lbs

Nice to see they upped the axle ratio from 3.09 to 3.45

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to push a different website but jeepgarage.org has a ton of information on this as there are a few insiders and a mysterious person that are admins for the site. There has been a lot of non-stop chatter about the new WL.

As far as towing, I didn't hear anything that said it won't tow 7200 like the others in it's class.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to push a different website but jeepgarage.org has a ton of information on this as there are a few insiders and a mysterious person that are admins for the site. There has been a lot of non-stop chatter about the new WL.

As far as towing, I didn't hear anything that said it won't tow 7200 like the others in it's class.

Towing capacity is unchanged at 7,200 lbs. I said GVWR

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
Sunroof standard on Overland, Summit and Summit Reserve and Hemi V8 is optional on all three of these models; Pentastar V6 only for Laredo and Limited. Overland is only model with optional Off Road Group. I would only be interested in the Overland with Hemi and Off Road group if it was available without sunroof.
Where are you getting your information from? I haven't seen anything internal wise that shows the V8 is available on the Summit or Summit Reserve trims.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder why the Jeep Grand Cherokee L is only putting out 357HP from the 5.7 HEMI?

Our trucks are rated at 395 HP from the same engine displacement.

Two Engine Choices To Start

Initially the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L will be offered with two engines: Today's base Pentastar 3.6-liter V-6 (290 hp, 257 lb-ft of torque) and the Hemi 5.7-liter V-8 (357 hp and 390 lb-ft) that can deactivate four cylinders when not needed. Both are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder why the Jeep Grand Cherokee L is only putting out 357HP from the 5.7 HEMI?

Our trucks are rated at 395 HP from the same engine displacement.

Two Engine Choices To Start

Initially the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L will be offered with two engines: Today's base Pentastar 3.6-liter V-6 (290 hp, 257 lb-ft of torque) and the Hemi 5.7-liter V-8 (357 hp and 390 lb-ft) that can deactivate four cylinders when not needed. Both are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

Different intake manifold.

The 5.7 in the Grand Cherokee & Durango have only had 360 hp. It’s just odd that it’s down 3 hp

Users who are viewing this thread