5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L

brewdad

Reaction score
Smart move to make sunroofs optional on all Ram truck models, but the folks at Jeep made a mistake with the new generation 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L by making sunroofs standard on the top three models. The Hemi engine is only available on these 3 models, so only the lower 2 models have solid metal roofs and Pentastar V6 as standard. I will not buy a vehicle with sunroof even if it was a free option.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Smart move to make sunroofs optional on all Ram truck models, but the folks at Jeep made a mistake with the new generation 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L by making sunroofs standard on the top three models. The Hemi engine is only available on these 3 models, so only the lower 2 models have solid metal roofs and Pentastar V6 as standard. I will not buy a vehicle with sunroof even if it was a free option.
OK then.....

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Is there a build and price URL for the L?
All i see is the generic grand cherokee

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
Is there a build and price URL for the L?
All i see is the generic grand cherokee
On the Jeep website, you are unable to build and price them at the moment.

On FCA's internal Dealer Connect, we can build them and see the option, just unable to get pricing on them yet. I have attached PDF's of the standard features on the four wheel drive variants of the Limited, Summit, and Summit Reserve.

Attachments

• Grand Cherokee L Limited.pdf
    70.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Grand Cherokee L Summit.pdf
    71.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve.pdf
    72 KB · Views: 23

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
The dual-pane panoramic sunroof is only standard on the Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit and Summit Reserve, it is optional on the Limited trim.

The 5.7L HEMI V8 is not optional on the Jeep Grand Cherokee L Limited, Summit or Summit Reserve. The only engine choice for those three trim levels is the 3.6L Pentastar V6.

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
THANKS @securityguy! My wife has a 2014 (4th gen Grand Cherokee) and we LOVE it! And just today we were discussing when FCA would release the 5th gen's. We're not too excited about 3 rows of seating, BUT many of the other upgrades are welcomed!
There will be a two row Grand Cherokee designed much like the Grand Cherokee L that will be available later this year/beginning of next year with the same design language as the L model.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
On the Jeep website, you are unable to build and price them at the moment.

On FCA's internal Dealer Connect, we can build them and see the option, just unable to get pricing on them yet. I have attached PDF's of the standard features on the four wheel drive variants of the Limited, Summit, and Summit Reserve.
What are the other tiers called? Is the second row in the three row jeeps available in captain chairs?

Does the third row fold completely flush into floor?

Sorry for all the que ques

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
What are the other tiers called? Is the second row in the three row jeeps available in captain chairs?
The other trim level names have not been released, but I would think that the Laredo, Trailhawk, and Overland would stay as they are historical name plates.

The second row in the L model are Captains Chairs/Bucket Seats that slide forward and tilt to allow access to the third row. The Limited trim levels have a walkway/breezeway between the seats allowing easy access to the third row. The Summit and Summit Reserve trim levels have a second row console with armrests and storage similar to what is available on the Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

Attached are photos showing the differences.

Attachments

• Limited.jpg
    Limited.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Summit.jpg
    Summit.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
The other trim level names have no been released, but I would think that the Laredo, Trailhawk, and Overland would stay as they are historical name plates.

The second row in the L model are Captains Chairs/Bucket Seats that slide forward and tilt to allow access to the third row. The Limited trim levels have a walkway/breezeway between the seats allowing easy access to the third row. The Summit and Summit Reserve trim levels have a second row console with armrests and storage similar to what is available on the Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

Attached are photos showing the differences.
Will be a good upgrade for the wife in a year or two. Thank you.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like it. May get one for the wife for her next vehicle.

DSTJ99

Reaction score
I think they really did a good job on this. I just traded a 2018 GC Overland in on my ‘21 Ram and it was a great car. Don’t love the new angled grill slats but probably will grow on me over time.

Chrysler can’t afford to mess up the Ram, wrangler and GC design wise so I expected it to be a decent improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I’m guessing the v6 only is to not compete with the wagoneer?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s about time. The current GC is a great vehicle and it looks like this will be too. I really like the interior. I am disappointed they chose to make the Jeep a third row and not make a new Durango. All signs keep pointing to no new Dodges or Chrysler’s. I would hope they learned from the lack of Fiat and Alpha sales that if these new platforms were Dodges or Chrysler they would actually sell some. Instead it looks like they will make the same stupid decision and put hundreds of millions of dollars into bringing Peugeot back to the us, when we all know no one wants a Peugeot.

brewdad

Reaction score
The dual-pane panoramic sunroof is only standard on the Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit and Summit Reserve, it is optional on the Limited trim.

The 5.7L HEMI V8 is not optional on the Jeep Grand Cherokee L Limited, Summit or Summit Reserve. The only engine choice for those three trim levels is the 3.6L Pentastar V6.
Sunroof standard on Overland, Summit and Summit Reserve and Hemi V8 is optional on all three of these models; Pentastar V6 only for Laredo and Limited. Overland is only model with optional Off Road Group. I would only be interested in the Overland with Hemi and Off Road group if it was available without sunroof.

Users who are viewing this thread