5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 F-150 - Anyone else going to watch this tonight?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I am officially old. I watched the video last night and all I could think about is how all of that new tech is not going to work consistently, people won’t know how to use it and just whine about it on forums ;) and then of course the lawsuits because the tech didn’t prevent the owners from screwing up because they didn’t know how to use it in the first place.

I’ve owned a couple F150s, no complaints, I’m not brand dedicated. They did a nice job as their interiors needed updating but I think they’ve lost their “tried and true” tradition trying to keep up with Ram.

Boston

Reaction score
So we have a few Schlitz cans in our trucks as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put those in the Rambox with ice. Try that Ford.

It’s entirely evolutionary. Just refreshed enough to give current owners something to trade in for. But the lack of news about suspension tells me it’s the same.

The big battery has to use space somewhere. Does the fuel tank capacity suffer?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's more, Ford has gotten the repair cost to the point its now no more expensive than a steel bed. Even if you factor the higher cost of the materials, they constructed them so they are easier to repair than previous steel beds.

The one area where it was more expensive for me to fix was paintless ding repair. They do charge a bit more to take out dings because the aluminum doesn't have a memory like steel. Normally a steel ding would cost me $50 or so, aluminum was about $75.

Aluminum tears, I had a piece of road debris hit aluminum hood on my 2014 Ram and put a hole right through it. Luckily the hood is easliy replaceable but I wouldn't want to have to replace the roof because of a minor hit from road debris.

antwon412

Reaction score
It’s only slightly different, but on the F150 the seat bottom actually rises up to be level with the seat back. Probably will be more comfortable. And the head rest area moves around as well.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s only slightly different, but on the F150 the seat bottom actually rises up to be level with the seat back. Probably will be more comfortable. And the head rest area moves around as well.
I saw that but I don’t think so (but hard to tell without sitting in it). Reason being, vehicle seat cushions are firmer than a mattress. Having a flat seat in the Ford is probably going to cause some pressure point issues for some folks in the butt area, whereas in the RAM the butt sits lower and then the bottom of the backrest contours to the small of your back/acts as lumbar support. The headrest on the Ford doesn’t move - the shoulder blade area does, and goes inline with the headrest. Again, why would you want more firm support behind an area of your body that is already sticking out? You’d want a little room behind your shoulder blades to decrease pressure points. And lastly, the shoulder support in the Ford being flat with the headrest means you’ll need a pillow (unless you’re the type who enjoys sleeping flat on a board) whereas in the RAM the headrest stays raised above the shoulder area, supporting your head (but this may limit your ability to use a pillow since it’d push your head up even higher).

Users who are viewing this thread