5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Bighorn/Lonestar Night Edition Exterior Mirrors with Memory

CarlG198

Reaction score
I have a question, Just bought the wife a 2021 Ram 1500 4x4 BigHorn/Lonestar Night Edition. I was looking at the Ram build page and it says the Night Edition comes with Exterior Memory mirrors. So I downloaded the build sheet for her VIN and it too says it has Exterior Memory Mirrors. There are however no buttons to control the memory function that I can find. Does anybody have a clue about how this is supposed to work? No there is not a switch on the door panel for memory.

CarlG198

Reaction score
Like I said there are no memory seats. So there's no switch. But Memory mirrors are listed on the build sheet. as part of the Night Edition for 2021.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Like I said there are no memory seats. So there's no switch. But Memory mirrors are listed on the build sheet. as part of the Night Edition for 2021.
Hi Carl, please reference page 35 of your owner's manual here:
1611696693098.png

If you have additional questions on the operation of this feature, feel free to send us a private message!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

SASK_RT

Reaction score
Hi Carl, please reference page 35 of your owner's manual:

If you have additional questions on the operation of this feature, feel free to send us a private message!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Please note that he already stated that he has no buttons on the door panel.

CarlG198

Reaction score
Hi Carl, please reference page 35 of your owner's manual here:
View attachment 80776

Kathryn
Ram Cares
Kathryn,

Thank you for your response. However Like I said in my Original post. The Night Edition does not have memory seats or a button, However IN the build sheet and on the Ram Website it lists MEMORY MIRRORS. On page 7 of my build sheet it states "Exterior Mirrors w/Memory" and the Build your RAM website Lists Exterior Mirrors with Memory SEE Attached. So when I purchased the vehicle for my wife I thought it would be a convenience to not have to constantly adjust mirrors. Ram Night Edition.PNG Now I am seeing I didn't get what I paid for.

CarlG198

Reaction score
I am going to make this perfectly clear....THERE IS NO SWITCH FOR MEMORY FUNCTIONS IN THE DOOR PANEL....However build sheet and website CLEARLY STATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS with MEMORY....So my question is and I went immediately to the book is IF THERE IS NO SWITCH IN THE DOOR PANEL AS INDICATED AND I PAID FOOR MEMORY MIRRORS....HOW DO THEY WORK?

RamCares

Reaction score
I am going to make this perfectly clear....THERE IS NO SWITCH FOR MEMORY FUNCTIONS IN THE DOOR PANEL....However build sheet and website CLEARLY STATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS with MEMORY....So my question is and I went immediately to the book is IF THERE IS NO SWITCH IN THE DOOR PANEL AS INDICATED AND I PAID FOOR MEMORY MIRRORS....HOW DO THEY WORK?
I apologize for the misunderstanding, @CarlG198. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may address this further on your behalf, thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question, Just bought the wife a 2021 Ram 1500 4x4 BigHorn/Lonestar Night Edition. I was looking at the Ram build page and it says the Night Edition comes with Exterior Memory mirrors. So I downloaded the build sheet for her VIN and it too says it has Exterior Memory Mirrors. There are however no buttons to control the memory function that I can find. Does anybody have a clue about how this is supposed to work? No there is not a switch on the door panel for memory.
When memory mirrors are equipped on a Ram without memory seats, the memory function is necessary for the tilt side mirrors in reverse feature. If you don’t have memory seats, then you can’t have the ability to have memory settings for the mirrors. So, tilt mirrors in reverse is the actual feature you gain by having the memory mirrors in that package.

CarlG198

Reaction score
When memory mirrors are equipped on a Ram without memory seats, the memory function is necessary for the tilt side mirrors in reverse feature. If you don’t have memory seats, then you can’t have the ability to have memory settings for the mirrors. So, tilt mirrors in reverse is the actual feature you gain by having the memory mirrors in that package.
OK but where does it say that? Why all of the mis-leading information about it? I was sold a truck with memory mirrors that is doesn't have.

RamCares

Reaction score
OK but where does it say that? Why all of the mis-leading information about it? I was sold a truck with memory mirrors that is doesn't have.
We certainly would like to investigate this for you, @CarlG198. In a private message, please provide your full name and VIN so that we may look into this further. Thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

HAL9001

Reaction score
On a truck with so many options, it's a challenge for RAM to properly list every possible configuration correctly. The mirrors may have the memory option, but in order to use it, you'll probably need the memory buttons that don't come with every configuration.

On my build, it clearly says that I have auto-dimming exterior mirrors. However, since I have the trailer tow mirrors option, which apparently doesn't have the auto-dim feature, I lost that option even though it still lists it. This can be very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread