5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Backup Camera Dead

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went outside and remote started the rig, then I remote dropped the tailgate, then I walked over to the truck and slammed the tailgate shut, then I got in the truck and put it in reverse... I’ll be damned, the backup camera started working again...

Probably not a permanent fix, but sometimes things just need to be “Fonzied” a little bit to work right...
Reminds me of how we used to "fix" the TV when I was a kid. When the picture would mess up we'd give it a good smack on the side or top of the TV cabinet. That almost always fixed it. Now I know that it was cold solder joints and single-sided printed circuit boards, but back then it was like magic LOL

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2021 limited night edition that I just bought last week. Camera screen went black ! Truck is only a week old and dead. Anyone know if a fix ?
Mine did that too about a month into ownership but before I could make an appointment at the dealer it started working again and never did it again . that was 1 1/2 years ago . Seems like after a few stops and restarts and just went back to normal .

Hemidakota

Reaction score
IMG_20210705_190452635_HDR.jpg my Limited night edition which is 5 days old and 300 miles, camera just took a dump

captainzombie

Reaction score
View attachment 98920 my Limited night edition which is 5 days old and 300 miles, camera just took a dump

Actually mine has done this twice now since I've owned the truck for 2 months. Just hold down the power and tuner buttons at the same time for roughly 20 seconds until you see the flashing RAM logo on the screen. Once you do see the RAM logo, let go of the buttons and it resets the camera. It's the oddest thing and sucks.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Actually mine has done this twice now since I've owned the truck for 2 months. Just hold down the power and tuner buttons at the same time for roughly 20 seconds until you see the flashing RAM logo on the screen. Once you do see the RAM logo, let go of the buttons and it resets the camera. It's the oddest thing and sucks.
I went back out to check and it had some terms and conditions it wanted me to accept. I did and now the camera works.

captainzombie

Reaction score
I went back out to check and it had some terms and conditions it wanted me to accept. I did and now the camera works.
That is good that you got it to work. It is annoying with having to reset that screen.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I tried this and it doesn't do anything. My camera went out this morning, but after 3 cycles of the ignition on and off, it's working again.

captainzombie

Reaction score
I tried this and it doesn't do anything. My camera went out this morning, but after 3 cycles of the ignition on and off, it's working again.
That sucks if that didn't work for you. Next time it happens, just try to even hold them down for longer than 20 seconds till it restarts. I don't understand why this happens. I've had it only happen twice which is weird.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
That sucks if that didn't work for you. Next time it happens, just try to even hold them down for longer than 20 seconds till it restarts. I don't understand why this happens. I've had it only happen twice which is weird.
I held down both for a minute. Just so I'm clear, hold down the center of both knobs on each side of the 12" Uconnect screen?

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I get it.......just frustrating after only three weeks of ownership. I know it will get fixed but damn!
Be happy. I have a 2019 Bighorn, bought in 2018, so my warranty up 1 August. They just did the AC TSB repair on the truck, and good thing under warranty, because they pulled everything to include the dash and took 2 full days with a mechanic at dealership. Glad I did not have to pay, LOL. SO be happy, under Warranty, will get done.

Users who are viewing this thread