5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 5.7 eTorque Muffler Delete???

Manning

Reaction score
I called a local shop to see if they would do a muffler delete. They said they can not do a muffler delete with MDS, said it would cause the check engine light to turn on. Has anyone ever heard this? Has anyone done it anyway?

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
100% false. I have a muffler delete. Best $100 I've ever spent on any vehicle I've ever owned.

The only thing it'll do it make it more noticeable when your truck transitions in and out of MDS. Just hit the +/- button and set it on 8 and you won't ever go into MDS. After a few weeks, it'll just become second nature for you to do this. I guess until someone comes out with a device that will permanently disable MDS.

Manning

Reaction score
Regarding the MDS transition sound mentioned by Olive Green, I'm hearing a lot about that now. Does anyone know if that transition is as noticeable with something like a Flowmaster Super 10 rather than a delete? Any other issues with the Flowmaster? Keep in mind, I'm trying to keep this under $200 so something like a full Corsa replacement is not an option.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, what he said. Basically the louder the exhaust, the louder it’ll be in MDS. MDS isn’t necessarily louder than v8 mode but it just drones at a different frequency. I did a carven muffler and resonator delete on mine (it was something like $200-250 installed) and I can tell when it kicks into MDS but it doesn’t usually bother me. On my 5.7 challenger I had a muffler & resonator delete and it droned so hard in MDS that I always turned it off!

1ramrunner

Reaction score
The muffler shop recommended a Solo muffler back in '09 for my 1500 because of the MDS. He told me his customers hated the Flowmaster, and that the Solo was different. I can say it has not been a problem when going into MDS.

Reaction score
I called a local shop to see if they would do a muffler delete. They said they can not do a muffler delete with MDS, said it would cause the check engine light to turn on. Has anyone ever heard this? Has anyone done it anyway?
I have flowmaster super 10 and I love it

LimitedHalo

Reaction score
I have flowmaster super 10 and I love it
I have the super 10 too do you have the resonators deleted? Wanted to find out just got my done still have the resonators on wanted to see if you have yours with the resonators deleted and if so does it have a deeper tone and does it drone a lot?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I have a resonator and muffler delete. No issues at all. That shop is BS'ing you.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
No problem with deleting. MDS will sound pretty bad tho. I have a flowmaster flow fx. MDS doesn’t sound too bad with it, no drone and has a good growl when you get on it

M3forged

Reaction score
Straight muffler delete here and I kept the resonators. Yeah that shop is full of crap, they just want you to buy their muffler probably. If you want a growl don't do Solo Performance. I speak from experience.

I have no noticeable drone but you will definitely hear MDS kicking in. Like another said you can use the gear +/- to keep it off or get a tuner. I guess it comes down to if you want a better sound vs dealing with MDS.

Just a couple days ago someone said when I start my truck it reminds them of a grizzly bear. AKA...Mission accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread