5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 4x4 Laramie - Wheel/ Tyre expert help needed!

Joebman84

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So, just bought 2021 Laramie 4x4. It’s got stock 20x9 with 275/55/R20 - factory offset is +19.
I want to upgrade rims/wheels without having to do a lift/level to void warranty (or pay mopar prices) and try getting to look more aggressive.

I am happy to stay with 275/55/R20 rims - but what’s the maximum offset I can go to?
for tyres, thinking of running Falken A/T3W but not sure if I have to stay to 275/55/20 or whether I can go any bigger. Anyone got any views on the max, also baring offset in mind?
Thanks!

Joe the clueless Brit in Texas

1D32319

Reaction score
So i was about to **** with you for the British spelling, but I guess you earned it.

Me personally, I'm keeping the black OEM rims even though I'm not a huge 20" fan. Before winter, i'll put on a set of either D or E rated 275/60/20 in the following preference of tire-Falken A/T3W, Toyo AT3, or BFG KO2. The 275/60/20 are only 1" larger than the OEM 275/55/20s so they should fit without issue.

I had the Falkens on my last truck and they were great all winter.

Joebman84

Reaction score
So i was about to **** with you for the British spelling, but I guess you earned it.

Me personally, I'm keeping the black OEM rims even though I'm not a huge 20" fan. Before winter, i'll put on a set of either D or E rated 275/60/20 in the following preference of tire-Falken A/T3W, Toyo AT3, or BFG KO2. The 275/60/20 are only 1" larger than the OEM 275/55/20s so they should fit without issue.

I had the Falkens on my last truck and they were great all winter.
Nice - I appreciate it, yeah mine are chrome oem so want to ditch the chrome and get some black ones. Good to know you can run 275/60/20 with no problem. Do you think you would still be able to run them if you went from factory 19 offset and got a rim that was closer to zero offset? Haha no worries about the British spelling, I mean we invented the language to happy to give lessons to Americans on how to spell properly ;-)

1D32319

Reaction score
Note that I'm only going off of what I've read here to assume that the 275/60/20s will fit. That and making an educated guess that only an inch in diameter won't cause many problems. No idea which wheel flavors will be optimal for you, but I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Good tire size comparison calculator here: https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Users who are viewing this thread