5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 limited with etorque will not turn on.

frostymug

Reaction score
I haven’t even posted the obligatory “here’s my new ride” yet. She has 300 miles and I’ve had her for 3 days. This morning when I press the ignition the interior lights flash and it sounds like there is a short or spark. Won’t crank. What gives?

see video
this is so disappointing.

UPDATE: I jumped the battery and truck started, but now has the check engine light on. Since this truck has a battery saver feature that turns off interior lights after 10 minutes, I don't think there's anything I did to cause the battery to die. I haven't spoken to the dealer yet, but this is disappointing to say the least. See pic of all the warning lights that came on:
Update #2: So I made an appointment at a Ram dealer via the phone and they asked me to come in today at 12:30pm, and on the way there, of course the check engine light is no longer on! I didn't disconnect the battery as some have suggested, so complete mystery how the check engine light is now gone. I arrive at the dealer and things go downhill. The lady I spoke to on the phone took good notes, but the service advisor tells me that "an appointment only guarantees you have a spot. The technicians are busy today and there's no way they can get to your car before we close, so you can either leave it or come back in the morning." He then blamed the person who set the appointment for me. WTF? I didn't demand to come in today...I merely called and she told me 12:30pm was available. Suffice it to say, my first three days of being a Ram owner have not been positive.

Last edited:

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Looks like a dead battery or a loose connection to your battery or ground. Not normal.... you should see a splash screen telling you to put you foot on the brake and hit the start button after you get in....

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Looks like a dead battery or a loose connection to your battery or ground. Not normal.... you should see a splash screen telling you to put you foot on the brake and hit the start button after you get in....
^^^^^^ This...

Not how you want to start your morning.

Had it happen once. Put it on a fast charger (DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST) - brought it to the dealer. They gave me a loaner for the day (rather than have my angry butt skulking around the dealership all day) while they ran "battery diagnostics" (and probably tightened down all the connections and grounds).

Not very confidence inspiring after 300 miles of ownership I'm sure.

Rick

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t even posted the obligatory “here’s my new ride” yet. She has 300 miles and I’ve had her for 3 days. This morning when I press the ignition the interior lights flash and it sounds like there is a short or spark. Won’t crank. What gives?

see video
This is not at all the experience we expect for our customers, @frostymug. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message with you VIN for additional support alongside your dealer service. We would be happy to ensure that this is resolved for you!

Kathryn
RamCares

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

see video

UPDATE: I jumped the battery and truck started, but now has the check engine light on. Since this truck has a battery saver feature that turns off interior lights after 10 minutes, I don't think there's anything I did to cause the battery to die. I haven't spoken to the dealer yet, but this is disappointing to say the least.
I once inadvertently left the truck bed lights (3rd brake light)on and it drained my battery.

Reverse

Reaction score
The check engine light is probabkly for the throttle control sensor that needs to be reset, happened to me the other day when my wife ran down the battery working from the truck (power outage due to storm). Check engine light was on after jump starting it.

All it took was turning the ignition to 'run', then slowly depressing the gas pedal, and then letting it come back up - this calibrates the throttle sensor. At that point the check engine light may blink. Now start the truck and check engine light should be off.

Saved myself a trip to the dealer and a diagnostic fee by doing a quick google search after finding out the obd code from a scan by Autozone.

Users who are viewing this thread