5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 Limited climate control problems

frostymug

Reaction score
I have a brand new 2021 1500 Limited that I bought two weeks ago. There is a horrible smell that comes from the A/C vents, especially when the heater is on. Never smelled anything like that in any car.

Also, on warm days the A/C blows hot air for about 4-5 minutes and then finally cools down, but is never actually cold, even at “Max A/C” settings.

anyone experience something like this? What was the fix?

Amazing truck, but my first few weeks of being a Ram owner have been frustrating as this isn’t the first issue I’ve had.

Thanks in advance for any help!

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jesus! AC is still blowing warm in some trucks even in 2021's ? Come on FCA.

frostymug

Reaction score
Jesus! AC is still blowing warm in some trucks even in 2021's ? Come on FCA.

Yeah I’m aware this was a huge issue in 2019 so that’s why I talked myself out of buying used or even a new 2019 that was still on a dealer’s lot a month ago.

Super disappointing that I went with the newest model year thinking this wouldn’t be a problem, but it seems it hasn’t been addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNeal

Reaction score
I have had my 21 Limited since mid-September and have had some pretty hot days here in Texas with no noticeable problems with the AC - especially a funky smell. I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a brand new 2021 1500 Limited that I bought two weeks ago. There is a horrible smell that comes from the A/C vents, especially when the heater is on. Never smelled anything like that in any car.

Also, on warm days the A/C blows hot air for about 4-5 minutes and then finally cools down, but is never actually cold, even at “Max A/C” settings.

Amazing truck, but my first few weeks of being a Ram owner have been frustrating as this isn’t the first issue I’ve had.

Prob the AC condensation drainage hose is plugged up and what you smell is mildew. I would take it in.

JParsonss

Reaction score

I've had my truck for a couple weeks now and no noticeable issues here.

TheGRam

Reaction score
Check under the hood, maybe something died in there and the smell is getting sucked into the vents. Probably not, but it would make for an interesting story if it did.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello @frostymug, we are deeply sorry to hear about this early concern with your new vehicle! This is certainly not the new-ownership experience we hope for. Please send us a private message so that we may assist in resolving this for you alongside your dealer.

Kathryn
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread