5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel - Stock Rear Shocks - Missing Remote Res!!!???

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It might not be an FCA thing either... Bilstein could have pulled the plug on manufacturing them... just saying. Rebels with Air Ride didn't get the shocks with the reservoir in 2019, so it's possible that it's a parts consolidation, retiring an assembly line, etc. What I do think is BS is not announcing the change to the public since it was frequently highlighted at press launches, etc.

Husky_max

Reaction score
Looks like early build has it and the late 2020s don’t have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Here’s a close-up pic with part number(s):

View attachment 58583
newbie question, someone is selling these exact front shocks off of a 2020 Rebel. Will they fit my 2019 Ram 1500 big horn? I am trying to get 2" up front and instead of getting a leveling kit I rather get these if it's going to be straight swap. Thanks in advance!

RHeller1

Reaction score
Rebel shocks wont give you any lift. Rebel springs, which are the same as the ORP springs will give you about 1" of lift. If you get ORP/Rebel springs (Front - 68320249AC/Rear - 68262686AB) You will need the off road package shocks or the rebel shocks. It is in my mind a better option to get the bilstein 5100's unless you can get the OEM stuff for cheap. Installation is the same basically the same for the bilstein 5100 as it is for the OEM. I replaced all my suspension with Rebel parts as they were basically given to me. I got about 1" of lift, ride quality is very close to what it was, unnoticeable difference on the street IMO. But, I think that 1" made the truck look much better and I knew I wasnt going bigger tires, so didnt want to go any higher.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
newbie question, someone is selling these exact front shocks off of a 2020 Rebel. Will they fit my 2019 Ram 1500 big horn? I am trying to get 2" up front and instead of getting a leveling kit I rather get these if it's going to be straight swap. Thanks in advance!

As mentioned, you will need the springs as well, that's what will actually give you the lift. To be honest, I can barely notice the 1" lift that the Rebel or ORP trucks over the ones that don't.

You are better off going aftermarket if you actually want to level your truck, the OEM 1" stuff won't come close.

HookedonRam

Reaction score
As mentioned, you will need the springs as well, that's what will actually give you the lift. To be honest, I can barely notice the 1" lift that the Rebel or ORP trucks over the ones that don't.

You are better off going aftermarket if you actually want to level your truck, the OEM 1" stuff won't come close.
Thanks, I think I am going to go aftermarket.

DSN46

Reaction score
Looks like early build has it and the late 2020s don’t have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strange. My November of 2019 build has them. What would be considered a "late build"? I've never really known at what point they stop manufacturing a model year and begin on the next.

Users who are viewing this thread