5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel Phase 1 Desert Ready

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! How's the rubbing with those 37s? Looks like you had to hack the corner of wheel well? And did you lower the rear?

Desert XJ

Reaction score
I think the 37s fill the wheel wells and look proportioned to the truck overall, especially with the bigger 5th Gen cabs. I've always had positive results with BFG, even with the KM3s the ride is nice and relatively quiet if you get the pressures right.
The front tires don't rub at all with the help of that bumper plus I clearanced a little sheet metal on the rear of the wheel well. The rear tires just kiss the inside of the plastic flare under full compression. I plan on pulling the bedsides a few inches to alleviate the issue.
Thanks for the compliments!

Desert XJ

Reaction score
Nice! How's the rubbing with those 37s? Looks like you had to hack the corner of wheel well? And did you lower the rear?

Your truck seams pretty similar to mine based on the description. I put factory 2WD non-Rebel rear coils in to lower the rear about an inch. They are the same length extended so they don't fall out of the bucked with the King shocks. I figured they would have a slightly lower spring rate and they do seem a little softer.

I

Rollint

Reaction score
I think the 37s fill the wheel wells and look proportioned to the truck overall, especially with the bigger 5th Gen cabs. I've always had positive results with BFG, even with the KM3s the ride is nice and relatively quiet if you get the pressures right.
The front tires don't rub at all with the help of that bumper plus I clearanced a little sheet metal on the rear of the wheel well. The rear tires just kiss the inside of the plastic flare under full compression. I plan on pulling the bedsides a few inches to alleviate the issue.
Thanks for the compliments!
What kind of gas mileage do you get in that beast!?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your truck seams pretty similar to mine based on the description. I put factory 2WD non-Rebel rear coils in to lower the rear about an inch. They are the same length extended so they don't fall out of the bucked with the King shocks. I figured they would have a slightly lower spring rate and they do seem a little softer.
AzusaRebel.jpg IMG_20191006_183956_385.jpg
Yea yours looks more baja style though lol thats what I need to work on. Are you located in California?

Last edited:

Desert XJ

Reaction score
What kind of gas mileage do you get in that beast!?
Milage is not great but expected. The speedo is off by 10% so it's looking like 10-11mpg around town and 12-13mpg on the freeway.
Interestingly the transmission seems to like the combo because it hunts for gears far less than it did before with the 35s.

Paultg

Reaction score
So did you cut the bottom rear of the bed and remove rear bumper to get that look?

Desert XJ

Reaction score
Nice me too. You should go offroading with us one of these days. We tend to go to Silverwood lake and Hungry valley up in Gorman a lot
Sounds good. I used to Jeep up from Silverwood through deep Creek and across.

Desert XJ

Reaction score
So did you cut the bottom rear of the bed and remove rear bumper to get that look?
Yes I removed the bumper/hitch combo and then cut the bed. I plan on having an extremely low profile bumper/hitch set-up fabricated in the very near future. Similar to what Mazzula Off-road does for Chevys.

justinbeez

Reaction score
did your methods rub at all? mine rubbed and had to put 1/4" spacers for the wheel weights to fit, plus move the weights to the outside (next to spokes)

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did your methods rub at all? mine rubbed and had to put 1/4" spacers for the wheel weights to fit, plus move the weights to the outside (next to spokes)
What offset did you get? I spoke to method before purchase and was told for 18s to fit they would have to be -12mm. Mine don't rub at all but I do have about 1/8" of clearance for the brake caliper. Never had an issue with rocks or anything getting in there though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread