5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel Phase 1 Desert Ready

justinbeez

Reaction score
What offset did you get? I spoke to method before purchase and was told for 18s to fit they would have to be -12mm. Mine don't rub at all but I do have about 1/8" of clearance for the brake caliper. Never had an issue with rocks or anything getting in there though.

Same, spoke with them and went with -12. Ill have to do some minor trimming this week as I already tore off the small cheap mud flaps on the fronts running 35s, like the dove tail look though. Just afraid to cut my bumper lol. Ill wait to see how your custom bumper is fabbed. The girl and i want to mainly use it as a camper truck in a couple of years rather than a desert truck.

Desert XJ

Reaction score
Same, spoke with them and went with -12. Ill have to do some minor trimming this week as I already tore off the small cheap mud flaps on the fronts running 35s, like the dove tail look though. Just afraid to cut my bumper lol. Ill wait to see how your custom bumper is fabbed. The girl and i want to mainly use it as a camper truck in a couple of years rather than a desert truck.
My first set of wheels/tires were 35x12.50R18 from BFG/Black Rhino. The wheels were +12 offset and required the front caliper castings to be shaved down ever so slightly for clearance. The 12.50" BFGs just cleared the uprights but I think a Toyo or Nitto might have rubbed as they have a little bit more meat with the sidewall tread.

justinbeez

Reaction score
My first set of wheels/tires were 35x12.50R18 from BFG/Black Rhino. The wheels were +12 offset and required the front caliper castings to be shaved down ever so slightly for clearance. The 12.50" BFGs just cleared the uprights but I think a Toyo or Nitto might have rubbed as they have a little bit more meat with the sidewall tread.

Yea, I figured the sidewalls would possibly rub, but after seeing quite a few of you guys running -12 AND method confirming they would fit without issue kind of had me baffled when they didn't. I knew the wheel weights would have a problem depending on their location. But I've worked for a tire shop when I was younger and know the different methods and locations for mounting wheel weights. I honestly think the shop was negligent when they put the wheel on and scrapped the inside of the wheel and blamed it on the fact there are two types of brake configuratioms from the manufacturer lol. I just ignored it since its only on the far inside (towards the engine) of the wheel. Not noticeable unless you know it's there.

Downytide

Reaction score
Damn, 37's look so good, it really looks like a pre-runner.

Would be nice to re-gear the truck, probably will be expensive but also allow us to add front locker/LSD.

Users who are viewing this thread