5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel Finally Lifted (6" Rough Country Vertex on 37's)

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the shop and am very happy with the result. I have a 2020 Ram Rebel. I had the shop install a 6" Rough Country lift with Vertex coils/shocks. Wheels are 20x9.5 -18 Black Rhino Barstow. Tires I went with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T in a 37x12.5. Also added a AWE 0FG cat-back with 5" black tips and Westin Outlaw running boards. Had to trim the liners and pinch weld but otherwise I have no rubbing driving around town. I did notice some rub at full lock when going over big bumps so I will see if I can manage to correct that but it isn't causing me much concern. Calibrated tire size with the Tazer DT. Truck is driving great and exhaust sounds the way it should during throttle and near silent while cruising. Need to get on the freeway to see higher speed performance / sound but around town has been a blast. Apologies if this should be posted on another board.

IMG_0940.jpg IMG_0945.jpg IMG_0954.jpg IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0944.jpg

skyhawk42

Reaction score
1 word…Jealous. Can’t wait til I take the plunge and make mine look that good

PDiddy

Reaction score
Looks awesome. I’m sure it looks even better in person. I like that the wheels don’t poke out much. Real clean looking.

Av1

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the shop and am very happy with the result. I have a 2020 Ram Rebel. I had the shop install a 6" Rough Country lift with Vertex coils/shocks. Wheels are 20x9.5 -18 Black Rhino Barstow. Tires I went with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T in a 37x12.5. Also added a AWE 0FG cat-back with 5" black tips and Westin Outlaw running boards. Had to trim the liners and pinch weld but otherwise I have no rubbing driving around town. I did notice some rub at full lock when going over big bumps so I will see if I can manage to correct that but it isn't causing me much concern. Calibrated tire size with the Tazer DT. Truck is driving great and exhaust sounds the way it should during throttle and near silent while cruising. Need to get on the freeway to see higher speed performance / sound but around town has been a blast. Apologies if this should be posted on another board.

View attachment 141916 View attachment 141919
That looks great! I like the wheel and offset, especially that it doesn't stick out much.

Does it fit in your garage with the height? It's hard to tell, but it looks like you may have 8' tall garage doors.

You have good taste.

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
That looks great! I like the wheel and offset, especially that it doesn't stick out much.

Does it fit in your garage with the height? It's hard to tell, but it looks like you may have 8' tall garage doors.

You have good taste.
Thanks for the kind words. I wanted a little poke but didn't want a bulldog stance. I like how it came out. Only took 2 years of research (and saving). It does fit in the garage and yes, I do have 8' doors. I need to measure but I believe my height is around 85"-86".

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
Wonder how much that will ditch you gas mileage . . . .
We'll soon find out. Best way I can describe the truck is that it doesn't feel as light on its feet. Maintaining cruising speed requires a few more drops into 6th and 7th than with the factory 33" Duratracs. I was averaging around 15mpg and I'm guessing I'll drop to about 12mpg based on current performance. That being said, I only put 7,500 miles per year on the truck so MPG wasn't a significant concern when going to 37s. Biggest concern now is rub at full lock over bumps but that's the trade off I chose for the look.

PDiddy

Reaction score
We'll soon find out. Best way I can describe the truck is that it doesn't feel as light on its feet. Maintaining cruising speed requires a few more drops into 6th and 7th than with the factory 33" Duratracs. I was averaging around 15mpg and I'm guessing I'll drop to about 12mpg based on current performance. That being said, I only put 7,500 miles per year on the truck so MPG wasn't a significant concern when going to 37s. Biggest concern now is rub at full lock over bumps but that's the trade off I chose for the look.
12mpg sounds about right, coming form 15. Still better than the TRX. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online