5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel DT, Fox 2.5 DSC 883-06-166 install

DRebel

Reaction score
My install and experience was great with this produce and is currently set at 2 inchs and I plan to set the preload to 3 inches later, after my tire upgrade.

Attachments

• camp1(4).png
    camp1(4).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 308

Liam Leen

Reaction score
My install and experience was great with this produce and is currently set at 2 inchs and I plan to set the preload to 3 inches later, after my tire upgrade.
Are those the Fox coilovers? how do they ride?

OC.13

Reaction score
X2 on ride quality? Are they noticeably rougher or better on road /off-road?

DRebel

Reaction score
Are those the Fox coilovers? how do they ride?

They are extremely great, I have no regrets at all. They do everything I wanted and I still have another inch of pre load let also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRebel

Reaction score
X2 on ride quality? Are they noticeably rougher or better on road /off-road?

They are fully adjustable, but Hwy driving with turns are well controlled. The off road driving vs stock is night and day. Comfort when driving fast on sand and soft landing on trails.

OC.13

Reaction score
They are fully adjustable, but Hwy driving with turns are well controlled. The off road driving vs stock is night and day. Comfort when driving fast on sand and soft landing on trails.

I just read your build thread too! Thanks for the input. Been tossing it up between pulling the trigger on these or waiting for Carli Suspensions custom tuned set up. Sounds like a really good
suspension system.

U

User_21361

How are they compared to the stock ride on road? I have a set of Bilstein 5100 and you can feel every small bump on the road

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

U

User_21361

would you not recommend the 5100s?
I use my rebel as the family, long distance vehicle. The stock suspension is bouncy on rough roads and the 5100s exaggerated that. It's not terrible, but not really fitting my needs. My wife regularly climbs in the back to tend to our infant and tells me at least 5 times how terrible the ride is. Before the 5100s, I usually only heard complaints 3-4 times haha. YMMV. When I drive alone, I think they are fine but I can also anticipate the bumps. She is also coming off driving small BMW SUVs.

Coilovers are definitely in my future, just have to decide which ones and from which shop. Happy wife, happy life. Just need to figure out how to make sure getting fox or kings will actually make the ride better or I'm just out 4k and still have an unhappy wife haha.

DRebel

Reaction score
How are they compared to the stock ride on road? I have a set of Bilstein 5100 and you can feel every small bump on the road

The spring is 100lbs over stock, good for future additions. But the ride is much more controlled during highway speeds hitting a bump. The factory ORG use to cause my truck to jump and shift a little, now only the rear end is what I feel so the control is what I like knowing my front sticks to the ground and doesn’t dip like before.

DRebel

Reaction score
I use my rebel as the family, long distance vehicle. The stock suspension is bouncy on rough roads and the 5100s exaggerated that. It's not terrible, but not really fitting my needs. My wife regularly climbs in the back to tend to our infant and tells me at least 5 times how terrible the ride is. Before the 5100s, I usually only heard complaints 3-4 times haha. YMMV. When I drive alone, I think they are fine but I can also anticipate the bumps. She is also coming off driving small BMW SUVs.

Coilovers are definitely in my future, just have to decide which ones and from which shop. Happy wife, happy life. Just need to figure out how to make sure getting fox or kings will actually make the ride better or I'm just out 4k and still have an unhappy wife haha.

I completely agree with the bumps, this has solved my issues.

U

User_21361

I completely agree with the bumps, this has solved my issues.
Glad to hear it! I have a full front and rear set of fox 2.5s and icon uca's in the mail!

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_21361

Before
75b689ef60ed8b05a16886c40e63a08e.jpg

After
cc361440dacaf47728ab5d12090583d2.jpg

Tires are the same in both pictures. I’m also running Clayton springs in the rear for an extra 2”.

U

User_21361

How do you like the ride? 2.5’ lift or you got the adjustable ones?

I have the extended front coil overs (2”-3”). I got about 2.5” out of them. With the DSC, I am able to adjust the ride quality easily. The ride quality is amazing both on and off road. I added the rear springs because I wanted a little extra lift and higher spring rate to absorb the weight of the gear in my bed. I’m very pleased with the setup.

OC.13

Reaction score
I really like your set up. Your truck looks awesome. Looking to do something similar. What tires and size do you have with the fuel rebels? Specs on the wheels if you don't mind sharing? How was the hit to your gas mileage? Any notice in power loss with the lift and tire wheel comb? A lot of questions sorry.

U

User_21361

I really like your set up. Your truck looks awesome. Looking to do something similar. What tires and size do you have with the fuel rebels? Specs on the wheels if you don't mind sharing? How was the hit to your gas mileage? Any notice in power loss with the lift and tire wheel comb? A lot of questions sorry.

Thanks! They are stock Rebel duratracs on -12 offset fuel rebel wheels with the white letter flipped to the inside. No change in power/handling/mpg. I want bigger tires eventually, but not enough to just toss the perfectly good stock tires. Honestly, I haven’t had to avoid much because of ground clearance. Also I added a full size spare underneath. I would like to continue to have a full size spare so I don’t think I would go much bigger than what I have now.

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
What is everyone's plan for when the Fox or Kings shocks need to be serviced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online