5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel can be had WITHOUT the red.

Cbr954

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have done a build with the new 2020 page on the Ram site but it now gives you the option to have the red trim or a more subdued grey.

iris.jpg

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 12 or 12A really tones down the red imo.
All of this. I was dead set on a Laramie because I felt the Rebel interior was over the top... the tire pattern in the seats, red seat backs, and other red pieces was a bit too much for my taste and lifestyle.

THEN my dealer showed me the Rebel 12 with black leather seats I ended up buying. Just the right amount of red trim to set the Rebel apart... give it a bit of theater. I love it more each day.

Cbr954

Reaction score
All of this. I was dead set on a Laramie because I felt the Rebel interior was over the top... the tire pattern in the seats, red seat backs, and other red pieces was a bit too much for my taste and lifestyle.

THEN my dealer showed me the Rebel 12 with black leather seats I ended up buying. Just the right amount of red trim to set the Rebel apart... give it a bit of theater. I love it more each day.

I agree that the leather package gives it just the right amount of red.

Now you can get leather without having to buy the 12" screen. THAT make sit very attractive to me.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's too black. Reminds me of that guy with the Mustang that spray painted his interior, including his fabric seats all black. There should be some contrast.

I also don't like the flat black surround that's available on the 8" screen, makes it looks smaller and cheaper, the gloss looks so much better on the screen.

Blee2221

Reaction score
It looks so plain and cheap just grey and black. I get compliments on how get the interior looks on my truck because the red just highlights everything and make the truck pop.

I couldn’t agree more, especially in the Rebel 12 package with the black leather seats and red trim. The red makes it stand out and is aesthetically pleasing. All black just looks like any other black interior vehicle, boring.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I personally like the red, it’s one of the things that made me buy the truck. But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

768mph

Reaction score

And exactly why they moved toward this direction. Many buyers prefer subtle over extravagant on their interiors. Ever seen the inside of a BMW? Vanilla is the flavor there and they haven’t changed much because sales are high. That’s one example but many other factors play in that hand as well.

Not knocking the rebel interior but it looks like someone from Autozone went to town inside with all of those “unique” additions.

Too loud for my taste. I like the subtle over extravagant. Of course I’ve had my far share of both. Maybe after 20+ vehicles and bikes, I’ve had my taste of it.

Ram is going after appeasing both styles of enthusiasts. Bravo to them.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And exactly why they moved toward this direction. Many buyers prefer subtle over extravagant on their interiors. Ever seen the inside of a BMW? Vanilla is the flavor there and they haven’t changed much because sales are high. That’s one example but many other factors play in that hand as well.

Not knocking the rebel interior but it looks like someone from Autozone went to town inside with all of those “unique” additions.

Too loud for my taste. I like the subtle over extravagant. Of course I’ve had my far share of both. Maybe after 20+ vehicles and bikes, I’ve had my taste of it.

Ram is going after appeasing both styles of enthusiasts. Bravo to them.

More options are certainly a good thing. With the Rebel you now effectively have 3 interior color options... more red, some red, no red - just black and grey. Broadens the appeal.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I built one the other day and when I panned it around you lost the REBEL on the seats, that what I like about my Rebel.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the partial red would be my preference. The red seats are a bit too much.

Tkshaffer

Reaction score
I know this is a bit of an old thread but when i was purchasing i looked at it so others might as part of their research. I just want to say i really loved the red and still do. I love black with red accents and have owned that combo many times. That said, when I located one with every option I wanted except the red interior I decided to move forward. It was really tough to give up the red but that went away pretty quickly when I actually saw the black interior in person. Much like pictures don't do the red justice, they REALLY don't do the black justice. Particularly if you get the 12 inch screen with the piano black bezel, it looks pretty amazing. The gunmetal silver they use for the trim looks amazing in person and can look like anything from gloss black to almost clear depending on the light. It is actually really cool. The white-only stitching vs the red and white is equally contrasting and actually looks really upscale and punchy.

If I could pick either version after seeing both it really would be a tough choice...I might even flip a coin. Still love the red as the traditional rebel flavor and think they did a great job, but the black option is really, really well done. Maybe red on just the gauge trim would have been cool just to give it a little signature touch but I have no complaints at all. The red may be more sporty but the black looks classy dangerous.

Future shoppers...make sure you look in person because it does not look anything like that picture in the first post.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Not positive, but the build website almost makes it seem like you have to get an upgraded package to get the red leather accents.

I love the Deadpool leather. Lots and lots of compliments on the interior of my truck.... and mine has the basic interior package. I think the red accents are part of the persona of the truck. The whole truck is mean to be on the edge of "too much" or "over the top". Ram has lots of other models and packages that are not as aggressive-looking.

Users who are viewing this thread