5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel 5.7L Hemi Exhaust Suggestions

scoooberr

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just purchased a 2020 Rebel and I will be looking to get an aftermarket exhaust. I want an exhaust that’s not too quiet and not too loud...something in the middle. I’m interested to hear eveyroen’s suggestions! Thanks in advance. 99F898CF-F42B-418E-96D5-21BC10EE7F7C.jpeg

sep1006

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, nice truck. Go to the search bar and type in Magnaflow, Flowmaster and B2. There will be plenty of reading material with some sound clips as well. You can also go to you tube as they have a lot of sound clips there.

scoooberr

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, nice truck. Go to the search bar and type in Magnaflow, Flowmaster and B2. There will be plenty of reading material with some sound clips as well. You can also go to you tube as they have a lot of sound clips there.
Thank you!

WIREBEL

Reaction score
I have had great results with Magnaflow. 18" for a little more sound than stock. 12" for a little more than that.

MadMater'

Reaction score
I just put the flowmaster FlowFX direct fit muffler on my truck and it gives it some more sound. I wouldnt say it is loud by any means but it is def above stock and doesnt drone on the highway. If you want louder but not something to wake the neighbors id say it is a decent option.

TTU14

Reaction score
I did the B2 Fab Moderate kit, which as I understand it is a clone of the magnaflow 14in mufflers. I previously had a complete delete and a Carven competitor on my 4th gen, and this is significantly quieter. Its got a little rumble at idle, opens up when you get on the gas, and then quiets back down at cruise. To me it's the perfect combo of quiet when I'm driving and loud when I want it loud.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I just installed the Mopar kit. A little more money, but great system and the piece of mind knowing they're not even able to try and get you on warranty. I believe it's basically a Mopar branded Borla S-Type

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do this...

1. Call the best rated muffler shop in your area. Check Yelp, look for lots of strong reviews.

2. Call the shop and tell them you have a new RAM 1500 Hemi and the sound you want. They will recommend the mufflers they think will achieve that. Most shops will carry in stock or can easily order any muffler (or full exhaust system) you want for the same price if not cheaper than online. Most mufflers available are in the $90 - $110 range.

3. Arrange an appointment and have them install it. Depending on their labor cost, most will charge anywhere from $200 - $300 for the muffler, installation (welding, piping & hangers) and tax out the door.

Note - If you live in a CARB state, don't weld anything directly to the catalytic converter. It has a 7 year warranty by law and will be voided if you weld anything directly to the cat.

Last edited:

Dubya_TJ

Reaction score
I have the Borla S-Type catback installed and I am pleased with the purchased. It is louder than I was expecting, but not nearly the same as the Atak. Installation was simple and the fit/finish is great.

MikeS54

Reaction score
I agree with Dubya_TJ. I did the Borla S-Type and it looks and sounds great. Little louder than I thought, but mostly when you hammer on it. When you're cruising it's pretty quiet. No drone either.

ABNRAM

Reaction score
I second the Solo Performance MR300 muffler delete with resonator. Cost is under $300 and is do-it-yourself bolt-on. You will need to cut your pipe but it is really easy if you follow the directions in the below video. Has sound samples in the video also. Nice deep tone, not too loud inside cab, and not a constant drone noise while in all gears. Actually sounds stock (from inside) when cruising at different times.

Mojoman

Reaction score
I did the B2 Fab Moderate kit, which as I understand it is a clone of the magnaflow 14in mufflers. I previously had a complete delete and a Carven competitor on my 4th gen, and this is significantly quieter. Its got a little rumble at idle, opens up when you get on the gas, and then quiets back down at cruise. To me it's the perfect combo of quiet when I'm driving and loud when I want it loud.
Trying to find a sound clip of the qr300 so I can hear it

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I much prefer Black Widow Exhaust Race Venom for what you are asking for. I've run Black Widow on several builds and they are hard if not impossible to beat in my opinion.

AA1mike

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just purchased a 2020 Rebel and I will be looking to get an aftermarket exhaust. I want an exhaust that’s not too quiet and not too loud...something in the middle. I’m interested to hear eveyroen’s suggestions! Thanks in advance. View attachment 90306
i just got a new rebel also and i have listened to sound clips for two weeks now and i am down to 3 direct fit solutions that wont break the bank like a full cat back system.
direct fit corsa,borla,carven.
most are backordered and carven the one i picked is 4-5 weeks.

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your insight and suggestions. I’ve decided to go with the Borla S-type cat back. It will be on Monday. Also installed a K&N CAI.

Great choice. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badassbaldie

Reaction score
Mufflex muffler delete...our 5th gens have additional resonators over 4th gens so a muffler delete is reasonable. Barely any cabin noise at normal operating speeds/RPMs. Really wakes up when you get on it though...it’s the way our rams should sound imho.

$179 for the mufflex you can install yourself. I’d imagine a local shop can do it even cheaper. Here’s a link & video:

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Congrats dude. I went with the flow master outlaw. Just enough loud but I am considering eliminating the back to resonators to give it a more Savage vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread