5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Rebel gaining Adaptive (Radar) Cruise Control!!! Confirmed...

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Ok, so I was watching the TFLTruck video on the ecoDiesel in the Ram Rebel and the first thing I saw was the Adaptive Cruise control switch on the steering wheel. I know there has been some questions about if that was coming to the rebel in 2020 and I firmly believe this confirms that. I hope this helps someone that's trying to decide to wait for 2020 or buy a 2019 Ram Rebel. The link to the video is below along with a screen grab from it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You can pry the adaptive cc from my cold, dead hands...
I love that feature. Glad to see it is coming to the Rebel (which I'm dismayed to find out it was not even an option on the 2019s?). How can that be?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I love that feature. Glad to see it is coming to the Rebel (which I'm dismayed to find out it was not even an option on the 2019s?). How can that be?

I agree with you on all of your points. What’s amazing is GM still doesn’t have it on their trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I agree with you on all of your points. What’s amazing is GM still doesn’t have it on their trucks.

Seriously? Even on their latest trucks? It's friggin 2019, for crying out loud.

DraKhen99

Reaction score

That's bonkers! I couldn't believe it when I was truck shopping a few months ago. Not only are GM trucks ugly, but their mother dresses them funny!

What really surprised me was that Ford had it in 2015 and it took 4 years before any other truck makers joined them in offering ACC.

Seriously? Even on their latest trucks? It's friggin 2019, for crying out loud.

Yup, I just checked their web site - nada.

-John

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That's bonkers! I couldn't believe it when I was truck shopping a few months ago. Not only are GM trucks ugly, but their mother dresses them funny!

What really surprised me was that Ford had it in 2015 and it took 4 years before any other truck makers joined them in offering ACC.

-John
Yep, and I was looking at Fords in 2018, but I wanted a RAM with air suspension, so I decided to wait for the 2019s (way before they were announced), since I suspected they would add ACC, as well as 360 cameras, which was another feature I would not do without. Pleasantly surprised that they were adding everything that the 4-Gen lacked.

Cheers,

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The ACC is part of the Advanced Safety Group, which is only offered on Laramie and higher trims for 2019. My suspicion is that it will now be offered on Big Horn models and above, obviously including the Rebels

DraKhen99

Reaction score
The ACC is part of the Advanced Safety Group, which is only offered on Laramie and higher trims for 2019. My suspicion is that it will now be offered on Big Horn models and above, obviously including the Rebels

Only if they're smart. The Ford owners have been griping since 2015 that ACC wasn't available on their XLT trim level trucks (similar to Big Horn), but a Toyota Corolla could get it.

-John

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

-John
It is surprising, especially when they do offer features like a color heads-up display.

Likewise, I thought it was odd that Ram offered power-adjustable pedals but a manual tilt-and-telescope column.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yup. That was what got the Rebel crossed off my shopping list. No way I was buying a new truck without ACC.

Tundralag

Reaction score
not just Toyota corolla... every single Toyota made had TSS-P
Not sure why every automaker on the planet doesn't do this..

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is surprising, especially when they do offer features like a color heads-up display.

Likewise, I thought it was odd that Ram offered power-adjustable pedals but a manual tilt-and-telescope column.

I'm fine with manual adjust steering wheel. Manual adjust on the pedals, though... That would be tough... LOL

A power adjust wheel would just be one more thing that could break - but something I would only use maybe once a year. It's needs to be more useful (as in, use it more often) than that before I'd want to go from manual to power.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The Tacoma SR (least expensive) we just bought our son for his 16th birthday, has ACC standard... Go figure.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The Tacoma SR (least expensive) we just bought our son for his 16th birthday, has ACC standard... Go figure.
Oh, and let's not forget Antarctic cold AC that starts freezing your A$$ off .5 milliseconds after you turn it on, unlike my Limited...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A power adjust wheel would just be one more thing that could break - but something I would only use maybe once a year. It's needs to be more useful (as in, use it more often) than that before I'd want to go from manual to power.
I hear you, but you could make the same argument about half of these features. I agree that it’s not something to be used much (unless the vehicle is being shared). I don’t believe I’ve adjusted the pedals since leaving the dealership.

My point is that power-adjustable columns are more common and popular than power-adjustable pedals, so it just seems a little strange. It’s not uncommon in higher-end vehicles to have the wheel move up and out of the way for “easy entry”.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I hear you, but you could make the same argument about half of these features. I agree that it’s not something to be used much (unless the vehicle is being shared). I don’t believe I’ve adjusted the pedals since leaving the dealership.

My point is that power-adjustable columns are more common and popular than power-adjustable pedals, so it just seems a little strange. It’s not uncommon in higher-end vehicles to have the wheel move up and out of the way for “easy entry”.
Spot on. Would much rather have adjustable wheel than pedals.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Spot on. Would much rather have adjustable wheel than pedals.

Here's the thing. Non Power Adjustable Pedals, don't adjust at all. A Non Power Steering column still adjusts to the exact same range as a powered one would

As a guy who's always looking for legroom and proper fit in most vehicles, a telescoping column is always a must, and power pedals are icing on the cake. I wouldn't trade a power column for stationary pedals in any vehicle though.

Users who are viewing this thread