5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Limited front grill warranty replacement (chrome to night edition black question)

Dw1973

Reaction score
My chrome grill on my 2020 Ram limited 1500 is peeling in a few places and will be replaced under warranty. I want to replace it with the black limited night edition grill to break up all the chrome up front. My local dealership does not know if the black limited night edition grill will work on my truck because my truck has a grill module (shutter) and camera surround mount. Anyone out there have a part number for the black limited night edition grill that has a grill module and surround view camera mounts?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My chrome grill on my 2020 Ram limited 1500 is peeling in a few places and will be replaced under warranty. I want to replace it with the black limited night edition grill to break up all the chrome up front. My local dealership does not know if the black limited night edition grill will work on my truck because my truck has a grill module (shutter) and camera surround mount. Anyone out there have a part number for the black limited night edition grill that has a grill module and surround view camera mounts?
That is odd that your dealer told you that. All Ram DTs have Active Grill Shutters. I don't have a Limited so I don't have a part# for you but I'm sure someone here who does will chime in.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know the part number but I have a 2022 Limited black night edition with surround view cameras and the AGS...
Sounds like your dealership is a bit clueless.
You can give them my vin number if you want them to lookup what the part number is: 1C6SRFHT5NN264168

Dw1973

Reaction score
I don't know the part number but I have a 2022 Limited black night edition with surround view cameras and the AGS...
You can give them my vin number if you want them to lookup what the part number is: 1C6SRFHT5NN264168
Thank you! Much appreciated.

mwoods269

Reaction score
Ever figure out the limited night edition grill part numbers?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will work, I did a compete chrome delete and brought every Limited night edition parts for a 2021 ram Limited (black) with Chrome . Helped convert a friends to the night edition. Once done you didn’t know it came from factory with chrome
hood, headlights, taillights, window moulding, door handles, tailgate and all the emblems. He had rims power coated to factory nigh edition color.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It will work, I did a compete chrome delete and brought every Limited night edition parts for a 2021 ram Limited (black) with Chrome . Helped convert a friends to the night edition. Once done you didn’t know it came from factory with chrome
hood, headlights, taillights, window moulding, door handles, tailgate and all the emblems. He had rims power coated to factory nigh edition color.
There is no powder coat that will match factory night edition Limited rims fyi.
He could of matched them to the Laramie night edition rims (which are completely differnet)

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t say my friends were black but rather the color ram does them which is more of a dark gray and truly black.
And yes they match. The shop we use is the same that repairs the rims when damaged or curb rash for the dealership that I worked at. Not saying anyone is wrong but the color did in fact match other limited trucks that had the factory rims.
My limited rims were done in true black but that was me.

Last edited:

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1st picture is his rim
2nd is mine

Attachments

• IMG_4145.jpeg
    IMG_4145.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4143.jpeg
    IMG_4143.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 23

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My former 2020 limited night edition with true black rims after I had them done.

Attachments

• IMG_4127.jpeg
    IMG_4127.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 17

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
1st picture is his rim
2nd is mine
Yep that's how it looks.
Second one doesn't match factory night edition wheels.

I would say the all black does in fact look way better, but mine from the factory look nothing like yours do now, or what yours on that 2020 look like.
I wish mine came black like you had yours painted to be.

There are also a ton of posts here about the color, which I have the code and paint for which is not black either.
The correct paint code is PNW which as far as all my research and talking to several shops say they can't get or create with a powdercoat, but paint can be ordered for it.

These pictures are all of my truck with everything OEM.
1690174164877.jpeg
1690174202989.png
1690174217279.jpeg

This last picture is from the dealership before I went to go get it, they weren't black then either.
1690174250203.jpeg

mwoods269

Reaction score
Would you happen to have the part numbers? I don't need the wheels really....I am thinking about lifting the truck so I would just buy 20" aftermarket etc.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In Detroit for work. Will look when I get home Thursday

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or do what I did I found a night edition and order parts for my friends off the vin # as I didn’t have mines yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online