5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 tail lights not working

DLK183

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2020 Ram 1500 and the tail lights (running lights) are not working, when it is dark. The brake lights and turn signal lights are working. I checked fuse F36 (Central Body Controller (CBC) 2 Exterior Light 1) and Fuse F25 (Exterior Lights 2). Is there another fuse?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At the risk of being "that guy" did you check the bulbs?

Edit: LED or halogen?

scotj1t

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2020 Ram 1500 and the tail lights (running lights) are not working, when it is dark. The brake lights and turn signal lights are working. I checked fuse F36 (Central Body Controller (CBC) 2 Exterior Light 1) and Fuse F25 (Exterior Lights 2). Is there another fuse?
were you able to correct the issue. I am having same problem. I just installed new LED tail lights. running lights don't work, however turn signals and brake lights do work. I put my OEM incandecent lights back in and they still work properly. I am waiting for call back from AlphaRex tech support to see if they have any issues.

ShakethThyBooty

Reaction score
were you able to correct the issue. I am having same problem. I just installed new LED tail lights. running lights don't work, however turn signals and brake lights do work. I put my OEM incandecent lights back in and they still work properly. I am waiting for call back from AlphaRex tech support to see if they have any issues.

Did you ever find out the issue? My running light just stopped working on one side. Brake and Turn signal work just fine though.

Chris Ray

Reaction score
I have the same issue. 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn. Brake lights work, signal lights work, backup lights work, but neither tail lights work. Checked the bulbs, fuses, and they are all good. Happened all of a sudden. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

FUnderwood

Reaction score
I have the same issue. 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn. Brake lights work, signal lights work, backup lights work, but neither tail lights work. Checked the bulbs, fuses, and they are all good. Happened all of a sudden. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Chris were you able to get it fixed? Mine is in the shop right now and the fuses are fine they tell me. What did you find out?

FUnderwood

Reaction score
Could you share what wound up happening in this situation? I just found out my running lights are not working and realize they have not worked for weeks at least! It's in the shop now but they checked the fuses and they are all fine. I'd love it if you could share what you did to remedy the problem? Thank you.

Chris Ray

Reaction score
No. Still having the same problem. I replaced the headlight switch and it didn't help either. I am going to try to troubleshoot the circuit board next.

Sent from my T601DL using Tapatalk

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. Still having the same problem. I replaced the headlight switch and it didn't help either. I am going to try to troubleshoot the circuit board next.

The headlight switch circuit board does nothing more than provide a voltage feedback ie."talk" to the BCM. that controls the lights.

Chris Ray

Reaction score
Problem solved. Even though the filaments looked intact, the small filament for the park lights was apparently broken, and it happened to both sides at the same time. I replaced the 7443 bulbs on both sides, and they are now working.

Anthony BC

Reaction score
I needed help,I have the same issue 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn running lights are not working any idea?

Anthony BC

Reaction score
I needed help,I have the same issue 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn running lights are not working any idea?
I have same issue as you i just found the issue today so and video for everyone it might help people . This video might help you

Anthony BC

Reaction score
Just replace the bulb it will be fine, The Reason that happened to my truck was the tail light not working, the dealership installed the wrong bulb on my truck i drove 2years without a tail light.

jackedward

Reaction score
Could you share what wound up happening in this situation? I just found out my running lights are not working and realize they have not worked for weeks at least! It's in the shop now but they checked the fuses and they are all fine. I'd love it if you could share what you did to remedy the problem? Thank you.
Did you find anything out about the LEDs? My left LED taillight is out but I still have brakes/turn signals/right taillight. When I switch the LED Modules the left one works on the right hand wire harness and the right one doesn’t, so I’m not about to spend $500 on LED tails that aren’t malfunctioning.

Users who are viewing this thread