5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 limited Air ride Suspension

20Ram20

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 limited looking to buy i have heard of cold weather issues with the Air ride Suspension, have they been address? should I be concern. (I'm shade tree mechanic) but not ready to spend $70,000.00 for issues

Arawji

Reaction score
I bought the 2020 limited black edition. Has the air ride and so far no issue with cold weather however I am getting a noise in the front suspension at low speed hard turning. Going to keep monitoring this one. But all in all so far a great truck. DD638BF6-AEE6-4298-A7FC-DA5B252EC07A.jpeg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought the 2020 limited black edition. Has the air ride and so far no issue with cold weather however I am getting a noise in the front suspension at low speed hard turning. Going to keep monitoring this one. But all in all so far a great truck. View attachment 40378

Hi Arawji,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your new truck! If the noise becomes more apparent and you decide to address it with your dealer, please let us know via PM. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

VdMer

Reaction score
Mine spent last winter getting hammered outside with snow, Nor'Easters and sub-zero temps. I was concerned, but it worked flawlessly. It now has a garage, so I have hardly any concerns. I think the issues which I read about before buying too were well north, ie Canada and prior year models...and it's unclear to me it was systemic. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Try both rides with and without, let that be your guide. I use mine all the time; think - lowering for parking garages. 16k miles later - Love it.

20Ram20

Reaction score
Mine spent last winter getting hammered outside with snow, Nor'Easters and sub-zero temps. I was concerned, but it worked flawlessly. It now has a garage, so I have hardly any concerns. I think the issues which I read about before buying too were well north, ie Canada and prior year models...and it's unclear to me it was systemic. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Try both rides with and without, let that be your guide. I use mine all the time; think - lowering for parking garages. 16k miles later - Love it.

20Ram20

Reaction score
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. I live in New York and PA, Temps in NY is rarely below 0 degs and in PA maybe in Early February you could have a couple of - 0 degs days.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Hi Arawji,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your new truck! If the noise becomes more apparent and you decide to address it with your dealer, please let us know via PM. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Hey Mike, how about you address the issue of air suspension, cold climates, and not being warranted issues with air suspension due to cold climates.

From what I understand here, the leveling component in the air suspension get a stop, and causes the nitrogen tank to pump itself out.

So, the problems I’ve read about here, or not related to seals in the suspension itself, but the loss of gas in the system, caused by the pump running and Leslie, due to the leveling sensor is getting iced up.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/