5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram 1500 Dead Battery

Dweaver4239

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I'm bringing up stuff that was discussed prior. But I'm not finding anything that helps.
2020 ram 1500 Laramie has 55k miles. Bought it with 34k miles everything was good until 2 months ago. Truck started great at work and drove to home depot, went inside and came out tried remote starting in this michigan weather and it clicked, tried once more same result. Got in the truck and same thing it just clicked. Gave it a minute and fired right up. Next morning dead as can be wouldn't start. Took my boat battery fired it up and went to parts store and alt tested fine, battery showed low and needed a charge. So I bought a die hard and Truck didn't have any issues after. 2 months of new battery and Truck did the same exact thing. Battery was at 12.1v and wouldn't start. Jumped it then went home started fine until this morning, I started it with the fob and then wouldn't start again when i went to leave from the fob. Then started right back up when I got in the truck and pushed the button.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate the response. The only thing we are curious about is if it was a starter why would it work as soon as you put a charger on it?
Yeah after reading your post again that doesn't make sense. I know there are several posts on here discussing this same issue. I had the same thing going on for a bit until I replaced the battery last fall with an interstate H8 and I haven't had the issue since. Sounds like something is drawing power with the truck off.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

We're sorry to see this. If you decide to address with your local dealer, please reach out! We can provide an additional layer of assistance while at the dealer. Additionally, you can provide them with Star Case S2208000189 which could potentially help with diagnosis.

Callie
Ram Cares

6of36

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I'm bringing up stuff that was discussed prior. But I'm not finding anything that helps.
2020 ram 1500 Laramie has 55k miles. Bought it with 34k miles everything was good until 2 months ago. Truck started great at work and drove to home depot, went inside and came out tried remote starting in this michigan weather and it clicked, tried once more same result. Got in the truck and same thing it just clicked. Gave it a minute and fired right up. Next morning dead as can be wouldn't start. Took my boat battery fired it up and went to parts store and alt tested fine, battery showed low and needed a charge. So I bought a die hard and Truck didn't have any issues after. 2 months of new battery and Truck did the same exact thing. Battery was at 12.1v and wouldn't start. Jumped it then went home started fine until this morning, I started it with the fob and then wouldn't start again when i went to leave from the fob. Then started right back up when I got in the truck and pushed the button.
Die Hards are not what they used to be. The best batteries used to be from Montgomery Ward. Once they went away, I would buy Die Hard. Today I would not buy them. I think when Kmart bought Sears, they went downhill. Now they sold the name, just like Ridgid did to Home Depot. They sell substandard items under a once quality names.

Mudstone

Reaction score
Odd thing I noticed (but never proved out) was leaving a USB stick in the drive (for music) seems to keep accessing when the truck is off. So I ensure I pull the thumb drive out every time...?

6of36

Reaction score
Odd thing I noticed (but never proved out) was leaving a USB stick in the drive (for music) seems to keep accessing when the truck is off. So I ensure I pull the thumb drive out every time...?
That's good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread