5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lunacy54

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm wanting to put Falken AT3's on my 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 w/ 2" Leveling Kit. I'm looking at 295/60R20... Does anyone have any experience with this size and whether or not there will be any clearance or rubbing issues?

Thank you in advance!

flint7

Reaction score
I am shopping the same. I am looking at 295/60/r20s, 285/65/r20s, and 35x11.50x20s on stock wheels. I just came from Trick Trucks and they said the height is not the issue, i.e. can do 35s. It's the width. They said I need to stay under 11.5 or I would have to do spacers.
Any recommendations appreciated. I am ready to order asap. Also BFG K02s or Ridge Grapplers? It seems everyone is a die hard for one or the other. I tow a boat, and off-road only occasionally, have a long commute 2x a week, and drive fast.

ram2020fb

Reaction score
I am shopping the same. I am looking at 295/60/r20s, 285/65/r20s, and 35x11.50x20s on stock wheels. I just came from Trick Trucks and they said the height is not the issue, i.e. can do 35s. It's the width. They said I need to stay under 11.5 or I would have to do spacers.
Any recommendations appreciated. I am ready to order asap. Also BFG K02s or Ridge Grapplers? It seems everyone is a die hard for one or the other. I tow a boat, and off-road only occasionally, have a long commute 2x a week, and drive fast.
I ordered 35x11.50x20 Toyo Open Country AT3s yesterday for my 2020 Bighorn as they're back available. I'll do a Ready Lift 2" leveling kit on it and no spacers. The shop here in southeast GA near Jacksonville does it all the time for the dealer I bought the truck from. My neighbor has the same truck and tire/lift setup and it's good to go.

Concerning the tires. I've noticed that the metric tires are more expensive than the SAE/inch sized tires. I've confirmed this personally with TreadMaxx in Jacksonville. For some reason Toyo/Nitto is making the inch sized tires more than the metric sizes. The Ridge Grapplers are good tires, I just have gotten better performance from Toyo OC AT2 & AT3 in the past. Especially in the snow and winter slush when we're in East TN hunting late season. Plus the Nitto RGs don't have a tread warranty offered, but the OC AT3s do. Never been a big fan of KO2s, but I know they're good tires. I've just always run Toyos on my trucks.

Just some thoughts to ponder. Good luck!

cervelo15

Reaction score
I was in the same debate not too long ago. I have the 2" Mopar Lift/Level and went with 285/65/20. Was nervous about that, since the guy at the counter at the tire shop winced when he saw how big the tire was. But once I had them on, they couldnt look more perfect. Not as beefy as a 295 tire, but the ride is really comfortable and the best part is I had ZERO work to do with modifying the wheel wells and messing with wheel spacers. So I avoided that whole headache.

Another part of my decision to go 285 was availability. From some tire people I talked to, there is issues with rubber tree replenishment now and rubber could be going into short supply. Plus tire manufacturers arent targeting making a 35" tire when they're playing catchup.

Oh, and BTW, I did this on my stock Bighorn Night Edition wheels. 285 all the way!

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've run the KO2 on several vehicles. Great tires, but I'm sure there are other equally capable tires to choose from.
I've never run the RG but that's mostly because I want something that can handle snow/ice and I don't think the Nitto are 3 peak rated.

As for size. Based on measurements I've taken, 295 width is right at the edge of what will clear the UCA on the stock wheels. You may clear or you may need a thin spacer depending on the actual width of the tire. Each manufacturer and each model has a slightly different size compared to spec. Worst case, you could use a thin spacer. I'm talking a slip on that is 3mm thick, not the bolt on that push them out 1.5" or more.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you start looking at spacers, there is a thread on them (several actually). I explained the safety issue, or lack thereof, with a thin spacer HERE if you care to read it.
The short version though, is that you can safely run up to a 6mm spacer which is roughly 1/4". That will easily allow you to run a 295 tire since you may be able to run one without a spacer at all.

Users who are viewing this thread